- Wayde, Zanele named as SA flagbearers at Rio send-off
- Olympians/Paralympians give back to the community
- Joy for SA as Jo-Ané bags SA’s first medal at World Juniors
- Banyana’s Rio run-up continues with clash against Kiwis
- New kid on the block, Quenet puts his hand up in Europe
- SA athletes in finals action as World Junior Championship start in Poland
- Africa’s Tour team loses Cavendish as sprint ace focuses on Rio
- Team SA’s 2016 Paralympians rejoice ahead of Rio!
- Team South Africa named for 2016 Rio Paralympics
- African side get top 10 Tour de France finish on Mandela Day
Is the Judo South Africa President and has over 38 years experience in the Judo Sport having started it from the young age 12. He has been involved in training in various clubs. He excelled in his competition years and obtained provincial and national colours under the auspices of Eastern Province Judo Association and Judo Association of South Africa (JASA) respectively, before the merger in 1983. Hlasho was a founder member of Eastern Province Judo Association and member on the negotiation team when SAJU (South African Judo Union), former “white” judo federation, and JASA, former “black “ judo federation merged to form the now JSA, Judo South Africa. When an interim committee was formed , he served as a Development Officer for two years until elections in 1985 and remained a development officer in the democratically elected JSA committee. He has also served as an executive member of EP Judo since its inception in 1985 and later its chairman, from 2000 until 2002.