- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
OLYMPIC SPORT & ENVIRONMENT CONTEST
The International Olympic Committee’s Awards for Sport and Environment was created by the IOC Commission for Sport and Environment, to acknowledge and further encourage the implementation of good environment practices in the field of sport. In this context the IOC set up a biennial awards, to be presented at the World Conference on Sport and Environment, targeted specifically to the recognition of outstanding activities/ initiatives/projects in the field of sustainable sport and environment.
The award is open to individuals, groups, and organizations nominated by National Olympic Committees, recognized International Federations and Continental Associations.