- Klaasen bags a fourth ATP World Tour doubles title in the US
- Strauss hoping title defence will spark return to form
- Defending champ Venter makes his SA senior team debut
- Singh shoots Amajita to victory against Cameroon
- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
- England wrap up Summer Series with 2-0 win against SA
- Five more Meet records at SA Grand Prix
- Fichardt nails 15th Sunshine Tour win at Joburg Open
OLYMPIC SPORT & ENVIRONMENT CONTEST
The International Olympic Committee’s Awards for Sport and Environment was created by the IOC Commission for Sport and Environment, to acknowledge and further encourage the implementation of good environment practices in the field of sport. In this context the IOC set up a biennial awards, to be presented at the World Conference on Sport and Environment, targeted specifically to the recognition of outstanding activities/ initiatives/projects in the field of sustainable sport and environment.
The award is open to individuals, groups, and organizations nominated by National Olympic Committees, recognized International Federations and Continental Associations.