- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
OLYMPIC SPORT & ART CONTEST
The International Cooperation and Development Department of the International Olympic Committee is responsible for the Sport and Art Contest.┬á The contest is being organized to enable each NOC to further develop an active synergy between the worlds of art and sport at national and international level.
SASCOC therefore creates partnerships with the National Department of Arts and Culture to collectively coordinate and run the contest.┬á SASCOC also believes that this partnership will help build the Department’s strategy in reaching a much wider audience.
The IOC holds this contest during the Olympic year and only three contests have been held.┬á NOC’s receive communiqu├® from the IOC with rules and regulations of the contest with clear timelines being drawn.┬á They also indicate the prize money for the contest.