- Patterson will make history as he takes to the floor for Team SA in Rio
- President’s Voice – Gideon Sam
- Four SA golfers take on world’s best juniors in Indonesia
- Van Dyk part of history-making mile and he’s also up for key IPC position
- Youth Olympian McClatchie ends ninth at Scottish Open
- Triumphant UJ turn attention to Ussa tournament
- Bruintjies runs like the wind in Italy… but his 100m best won’t count!
- It’s Molokai title No3 for SA’s McGregor
- Silver and bronze medal haul for SA rowers at Lucerne World Cup
- Hayes loses world record but Du Toit gets a world best for himself
The International Olympic Committee created the Olympic Day as an event to commemorate the establishment of the Olympics and also to educate the sport loving people and the society about Olympism.┬á The Olympic Day is a festive event bringing together people of all age and from every background.
The activities must be linked to Olympism and its promotion.┬á The President’s message is also read during this event (this element is forwarded to SASCOC by the IOC) SASCOC celebrates this event on the 1st┬áSaturday of every September annually.
The event is run in partnership with McDonald’s who is the worldwide official partner of the IOC and other local stakeholders as identified by SASCOC.