- Semenya still on track for Rio 2016
- World record for Paul as Brown powers on
- Samaai soars to world’s leading leap of 2015 at nationals
- Brown’s golden form continues in Durban
- Top varsity sports stars on show in Western Cape
- Paralympic gold medallist Bouwer calls quits on career
- Rousseau ‘flies’ to World Champs qualifying spot
- Smith ‘boxes’ clever to reach Round Three Down Under
- Incredible Schalk wins key Laureus sports award
- Montjane extra motivated for SA Open success
The International Olympic Committee created the Olympic Day as an event to commemorate the establishment of the Olympics and also to educate the sport loving people and the society about Olympism.┬á The Olympic Day is a festive event bringing together people of all age and from every background.
The activities must be linked to Olympism and its promotion.┬á The President’s message is also read during this event (this element is forwarded to SASCOC by the IOC) SASCOC celebrates this event on the 1st┬áSaturday of every September annually.
The event is run in partnership with McDonald’s who is the worldwide official partner of the IOC and other local stakeholders as identified by SASCOC.