- Strauss heads for Games with another title in the bag
- Delegates impressed by Durban’s 2022 CWG presentation
- She’s young but ‘old hand’ Botha is gunning for medals
- Le Clos to win four golds, Schoeman one, say bookies
- Men’s hockey side draw Games warm-up match
- Ex SA judoka also in action in Glasgow
- Judoka await draw as Games draw closer
- Old and new duo of swimmers have a common goal
- Badminton side beat Ireland in Games warm-up
- Games injury scare for wrestler Plaatjies
The International Olympic Committee created the Olympic Day as an event to commemorate the establishment of the Olympics and also to educate the sport loving people and the society about Olympism. The Olympic Day is a festive event bringing together people of all age and from every background.
The activities must be linked to Olympism and its promotion. The President’s message is also read during this event (this element is forwarded to SASCOC by the IOC) SASCOC celebrates this event on the 1st Saturday of every September annually.
The event is run in partnership with McDonald’s who is the worldwide official partner of the IOC and other local stakeholders as identified by SASCOC.