- Three wins each in France for Cameron and Chad
- SA cyclists look back back at their Olympic experience
- Cape surfers dominate nationals in home waters
- Proteas go down fighting and push Aussies all the way
- Conley’s Rio experience gives her hope for future Olympic success
- SA netballers warm up against NZ A before Quad Series
- How Team SA fared on Sunday
- Team SA: The ‘awards’ review
- Rio delivered, despite the hurdles
- Team SA in action on Sunday
The International Olympic Committee created the Olympic Day as an event to commemorate the establishment of the Olympics and also to educate the sport loving people and the society about Olympism.┬á The Olympic Day is a festive event bringing together people of all age and from every background.
The activities must be linked to Olympism and its promotion.┬á The President’s message is also read during this event (this element is forwarded to SASCOC by the IOC) SASCOC celebrates this event on the 1st┬áSaturday of every September annually.
The event is run in partnership with McDonald’s who is the worldwide official partner of the IOC and other local stakeholders as identified by SASCOC.