- Battling Bafana out of AFCON 2015 after fading against Ghana
- Chile bounce back from 6-0 defeat to upset SA in Cape Town
- Le Clos looks a great bet for Laureus Award nomination
- Dry and Geduld are back in the Blitzboks mix
- Montjane makes merry in Melbourne to win doubles title
- African road champs a vital cog in the chase for Olympic qualification
- Road stars look forward to racing internationals at new Cape event
- Region 5 champion Katie embraces the Aussie Open experience
- SA women hit Chile for six but men are edged by Ireland
- Grainger takes over Davis Cup coaching role for SA
The International Olympic Committee created the Olympic Day as an event to commemorate the establishment of the Olympics and also to educate the sport loving people and the society about Olympism.┬á The Olympic Day is a festive event bringing together people of all age and from every background.
The activities must be linked to Olympism and its promotion.┬á The President’s message is also read during this event (this element is forwarded to SASCOC by the IOC) SASCOC celebrates this event on the 1st┬áSaturday of every September annually.
The event is run in partnership with McDonald’s who is the worldwide official partner of the IOC and other local stakeholders as identified by SASCOC.