- Van Wyk beats the stars to steal the show at Roodeplaat
- Horn and Bruintjies blitz to best times in Germany
- Blitzboks fourth in Sydney after going down to Fiji
- Reto celebrates with top 10 finish in US
- Le Clos, Van der Burgh grab two golds each at SA Grand Prix
- Blitzboks up against Argentina as they win three from three
- Injury woes but Blitzboks down Scotland, Russia in Sydney
- Credit to caddie Joseph as Hume wins SA Stroke Play champs
- Olympians, world champions take on the rest at Roodeplaat
- SA women are on the rise ahead of road nationals in KZN
The International Olympic Committee created the Olympic Day as an event to commemorate the establishment of the Olympics and also to educate the sport loving people and the society about Olympism.┬á The Olympic Day is a festive event bringing together people of all age and from every background.
The activities must be linked to Olympism and its promotion.┬á The President’s message is also read during this event (this element is forwarded to SASCOC by the IOC) SASCOC celebrates this event on the 1st┬áSaturday of every September annually.
The event is run in partnership with McDonald’s who is the worldwide official partner of the IOC and other local stakeholders as identified by SASCOC.