- SA judoka grab gold and bronze at African Champs
- Ruby nets again as SA waterpolo side are downed by Australia
- SA look to wrap up Olympic qualifier in Pietermaritzburg
- Ho now targets Portugal as SA women face Aussies in Russia
- More medals for SA as they warm-up for para-cycling World Cup
- SA Paralympic duo get gold and silver in London
- Ho ends 19th in 10km open water as SA men’s waterpolo side beat Argentina
- Montjane is all smiles after Swiss Open win
- Gold medallist Ho focuses on his road to Rio 2016
- White and water polo girls still positive after losing to Netherlands
The International Olympic Committee created the Olympic Day as an event to commemorate the establishment of the Olympics and also to educate the sport loving people and the society about Olympism.┬á The Olympic Day is a festive event bringing together people of all age and from every background.
The activities must be linked to Olympism and its promotion.┬á The President’s message is also read during this event (this element is forwarded to SASCOC by the IOC) SASCOC celebrates this event on the 1st┬áSaturday of every September annually.
The event is run in partnership with McDonald’s who is the worldwide official partner of the IOC and other local stakeholders as identified by SASCOC.