- Dolly on SA’s do-or-die Olympic qualifier against Zambia
- Schwartzel makes history with Alfred Dunhill victory
- Birkett and Kime are kings of the Ozzie Gladwin
- Williams and Pace slug it out to share first day honours in SA Women’s Open
- Rising SA stars, Bregman and Strauss head for the US
- SA’s Olympic hopefuls have it all to do after Senegal defeat
- Schwartzel digs deep to hold lead at Leopard Creek
- Dusi contenders gear up at Gladwin Marathon
- Basson’s birdie blitz sees him leading at Leopard Creek
- SA men’s indoor side named to take on All Stars
The International Olympic Committee created the Olympic Day as an event to commemorate the establishment of the Olympics and also to educate the sport loving people and the society about Olympism.┬á The Olympic Day is a festive event bringing together people of all age and from every background.
The activities must be linked to Olympism and its promotion.┬á The President’s message is also read during this event (this element is forwarded to SASCOC by the IOC) SASCOC celebrates this event on the 1st┬áSaturday of every September annually.
The event is run in partnership with McDonald’s who is the worldwide official partner of the IOC and other local stakeholders as identified by SASCOC.