- Para-cycling world champion’s horror fire experience
- Horn hunts down long-time SA sprint record
- Olympian Van Zyl picks up valuable ranking points in Germany
- Hoffman races to line honours in sweltering Tour de Boland
- Second-half goals see Banyana go down to Mexico in Cyprus
- Rudolph rides to Boland victory but Nel nails yellow jersey
- Netball ace Barnard packs down for Lady Blitzboks
- SA hockey squad named for Cape Town tournament
- Girdlestone grabs victory in second stage of Tour de Boland
- Fischer flies to African Cup victory in Buffalo City
The International Olympic Committee created the Olympic Day as an event to commemorate the establishment of the Olympics and also to educate the sport loving people and the society about Olympism.┬á The Olympic Day is a festive event bringing together people of all age and from every background.
The activities must be linked to Olympism and its promotion.┬á The President’s message is also read during this event (this element is forwarded to SASCOC by the IOC) SASCOC celebrates this event on the 1st┬áSaturday of every September annually.
The event is run in partnership with McDonald’s who is the worldwide official partner of the IOC and other local stakeholders as identified by SASCOC.