- Skipper Van Wyk urges Banyana to nail their chances in Olympic qualifier
- SA hockey squad named for Africa Olympic Qualifier at Randburg
- Basetsana’s Salgado gets goosebumps ahead of World Cup qualifier
- McGregor and Mocke look to add to their Fish River honours
- Crunch time in California for SA’s top juniors
- Mass turn-out of stars at Games in Gauteng
- Els and Venter are buoyant in Bloem
- Basetsana look to improve against Zambia at home
- SA’s quickest women slug it out in final Challenge
- New ‘chariot’ might help Van Dyk conquer Chicago Marathon again
The International Olympic Committee created the Olympic Day as an event to commemorate the establishment of the Olympics and also to educate the sport loving people and the society about Olympism.┬á The Olympic Day is a festive event bringing together people of all age and from every background.
The activities must be linked to Olympism and its promotion.┬á The President’s message is also read during this event (this element is forwarded to SASCOC by the IOC) SASCOC celebrates this event on the 1st┬áSaturday of every September annually.
The event is run in partnership with McDonald’s who is the worldwide official partner of the IOC and other local stakeholders as identified by SASCOC.