- More gold for Le Clos while Schoenmaker secures bronze
- SA riders make history at World Equestrian Games
- New-look Proteas side ready for Namibian action
- Sanders seals season with sixth spot in Turkey
- UJ bring UWC’s Champions Cup reign to an end
- Gold for Le Clos, bronze for Shankland, Schoenmaker in Hong Kong
- Youth Olympian Rawlins rates new Giba Gorge track tops
- New best time for Kalmer in Berlin, Phalula sixth in Utrecht
- Impey rides to 16th for SA at World Championships
- McGregor teams up with Mocke to make canoeing history
The International Olympic Committee created the Olympic Day as an event to commemorate the establishment of the Olympics and also to educate the sport loving people and the society about Olympism.┬á The Olympic Day is a festive event bringing together people of all age and from every background.
The activities must be linked to Olympism and its promotion.┬á The President’s message is also read during this event (this element is forwarded to SASCOC by the IOC) SASCOC celebrates this event on the 1st┬áSaturday of every September annually.
The event is run in partnership with McDonald’s who is the worldwide official partner of the IOC and other local stakeholders as identified by SASCOC.