- Multi-talented Strauss, Le Roux show that the future’s bright
- Ho all set to fly the flag for SA archery in Rio
- Foreigners to the fore but Van Wyk’s not done yet
- Nel faces tough European opener… but she’s up for it!
- Dale Whitaker’s a winner once more!
- Hougaard back on Blitzboks duty for Paris/London
- Rising stars head for inaugural Cape Town Pro
- Van Rensburg readies himself for Diamond League debut
- Van Wyk leads SA challenge at Zwartkop
- Longjumper Lynique lays down her marker for Rio 2016
The International Olympic Committee created the Olympic Day as an event to commemorate the establishment of the Olympics and also to educate the sport loving people and the society about Olympism.┬á The Olympic Day is a festive event bringing together people of all age and from every background.
The activities must be linked to Olympism and its promotion.┬á The President’s message is also read during this event (this element is forwarded to SASCOC by the IOC) SASCOC celebrates this event on the 1st┬áSaturday of every September annually.
The event is run in partnership with McDonald’s who is the worldwide official partner of the IOC and other local stakeholders as identified by SASCOC.