- Big SA team ready to roll at Road World Championships
- Former KZN schoolboy and a two-time Olympian, Bird is back to his roots
- Van Dyk’s Berlin silver was a painful experience but now it’s next stop Chicago
- World Masters championships approaching final stages
- Cavemen and Bunters capture inaugural PHL titles
- Frustrated SA trio end 31st in Eisenhower Trophy
- SA end ninth as first junior champs crowned in Olympic surfing era
- No problem for Houstons as they paddle to Pre-Fish 1-2!
- Bregman fires final round 70 to end 31st in Spain
- Murray’s great memories of the Games linger on
The International Olympic Committee created the Olympic Day as an event to commemorate the establishment of the Olympics and also to educate the sport loving people and the society about Olympism.┬á The Olympic Day is a festive event bringing together people of all age and from every background.
The activities must be linked to Olympism and its promotion.┬á The President’s message is also read during this event (this element is forwarded to SASCOC by the IOC) SASCOC celebrates this event on the 1st┬áSaturday of every September annually.
The event is run in partnership with McDonald’s who is the worldwide official partner of the IOC and other local stakeholders as identified by SASCOC.