- Top students to fight it out for triathlon honours in France
- Jobodwana knew he was on track for SA record
- SA para-rowers grab gold and silver in Gavirate regatta
- SA team named for BMX World Championships in Belgium
- Rio hopeful Paull has international baptism of fire in Germany
- Wenda’s world-leading win gives her that ‘wow’ factor
- Ace Colleen crashes out of singles at nationals
- Wenda wins to top world 400m hurdles standings
- Sullwald satisfied with progress in Japan
- Buitendag barrels to second spot in Brazil
The International Olympic Committee created the Olympic Day as an event to commemorate the establishment of the Olympics and also to educate the sport loving people and the society about Olympism.┬á The Olympic Day is a festive event bringing together people of all age and from every background.
The activities must be linked to Olympism and its promotion.┬á The President’s message is also read during this event (this element is forwarded to SASCOC by the IOC) SASCOC celebrates this event on the 1st┬áSaturday of every September annually.
The event is run in partnership with McDonald’s who is the worldwide official partner of the IOC and other local stakeholders as identified by SASCOC.