- IPC Athletics World Championships now a month earlier
- Smith wins Hurley Pro in California to move up rankings
- Impey joins SA team for Road World Championships
- Veteran Modise on the brink of footballing milestone
- SA canoeists aim for world’s No1 ranking
- Phalula’s victory is a triumph over tribulations
- Continent’s quickest are coming to South Africa
- Brazil sevens rugby side in SA to hone their skills
- World’s top skateboarders are coming to Kimberley
- McGregor hunting down first Fish K1 title
The International Olympic Committee created the Olympic Day as an event to commemorate the establishment of the Olympics and also to educate the sport loving people and the society about Olympism.┬á The Olympic Day is a festive event bringing together people of all age and from every background.
The activities must be linked to Olympism and its promotion.┬á The President’s message is also read during this event (this element is forwarded to SASCOC by the IOC) SASCOC celebrates this event on the 1st┬áSaturday of every September annually.
The event is run in partnership with McDonald’s who is the worldwide official partner of the IOC and other local stakeholders as identified by SASCOC.