- Second for Hamman in Denmark as Fredericks hunts more pace in Sweden
- SA quartet book their places to Rio Paralympics
- Alkana blasts to hurdles gold at African Championships
- Semenya scorches to 1500m gold at African Championships
- Samu faces stern test defending SA Girls Champs title
- Grace is latest SA golfer to say no to Rio Olympics
- SA stars beat the odds to bring in more golden honours at African Championships
- Ace gymnast switches focus to new sport
- SA strike double gold on day one of African Championships in Durban
- SA trio end 21st at World Championships
To focus on national athletes not part of OPEX and those who have financial constraints with a view of elevating them to international levels.
(i) The support services are similar to those of OPEX, except the provision of monthly grants.
(ii) Residential Programme this programme allows athletes to be based at a centre on a full time basis, whilst also attending school or tertiary studies. The programmes are structured in a flexible way which allows the athlete to also train and compete.