- Crunch time in California for SA’s top juniors
- Mass turn-out of stars at Games in Gauteng
- Els and Venter are buoyant in Bloem
- Basetsana look to improve against Zambia at home
- SA’s quickest women slug it out in final Challenge
- New ‘chariot’ might help Van Dyk conquer Chicago Marathon again
- Coach Pauw on Banyana’s Olympic chance: ‘This is our moment, they have to do it now’
- Defending women’s champs look hard to beat at the Fish
- Mom Irvette hits the road again after birth of young Louis
- Sailors swop wheelchairs for sailing boats at disabled clinic
To focus on national athletes not part of OPEX and those who have financial constraints with a view of elevating them to international levels.
(i) The support services are similar to those of OPEX, except the provision of monthly grants.
(ii) Residential Programme this programme allows athletes to be based at a centre on a full time basis, whilst also attending school or tertiary studies. The programmes are structured in a flexible way which allows the athlete to also train and compete.