- Patterson will make history as he takes to the floor for Team SA in Rio
- President’s Voice – Gideon Sam
- Four SA golfers take on world’s best juniors in Indonesia
- Van Dyk part of history-making mile and he’s also up for key IPC position
- Youth Olympian McClatchie ends ninth at Scottish Open
- Triumphant UJ turn attention to Ussa tournament
- Bruintjies runs like the wind in Italy… but his 100m best won’t count!
- It’s Molokai title No3 for SA’s McGregor
- Silver and bronze medal haul for SA rowers at Lucerne World Cup
- Hayes loses world record but Du Toit gets a world best for himself
Dr Sam Ramsamy – IOC MEMBER
Dr Sam Ramsamy was born on the 27th January 1938 in Durban, South Africa. His educational background; Springfield College of Education, Durban; University of South Africa; Carnegie College of Physical Education, Leeds (Great Britain); LLD (HC) University of Toronto (Canada); Honorary Doctrates – University of Surrey and Leeds Metropolitan University (Great Britain); Honorary Fellow – Roehampton College, University of Surrey. During his career, Dr Ramsamy participated in various sports; swimming, athletics, football and surf lifeguarding. Sam was the chairman of the South African Non-Racial Olympic Committee (SANROC, 1976-1990); Chairman of the South African Commonwealth Games Association (1994-1997); President of Swimming South Africa (1991-1997); Honorary Life President of Swimming South Africa (2004-); President of the NOC (1991-2005); General Manager and Chef de Mission to the Games of the XXV Olympiad in Barcelona in 1992 and the XVII Olympic Winter Games in Lillenhammer in 1994; Vice President of FINA; Member of the IOC Executive Board (2006-) to date.