- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
COACH EDUCATION CONSULTANT
ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF A COACH EDUCATION CONSULTANT
An exciting and challenging contract position in the Coaches Development unit within the SASCOC High Performance Department for the implementation of the Long Term Coach Development framework has emerged. The position is based at SASCOC offices in Houghton, Gauteng.
The Core Responsibilities, Priorities, Qualifications and Critical Skills for the Contract position are detailed below:
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide consultative work and assistance to curriculum designers and supervisors, education administrators, local education agencies, and educational programmes/projects at national and local levels, in the development, implementation, and evaluation of education programmes/projects facilitating the implementation of the SA Coaching Framework (SACF) and Long Term Coach Development (LTCD) framework
2. Assist in the design and implementation of instructional strategies based on current instruction methodologies; developing, evaluating and advising on the use of curriculum/ Instructional materials;
3. Develop measures and methods of evaluating the effectiveness of coaching educational programmes and subsequent assessment of strategy effectiveness
4. Assist with National Federations Coach education mapping and alignment of coaching programmes
5. Assist with designing of coach education guidance notes, resources and manuals
6. Determine the National Federation coach development pathways in line with the LTCD
for articulation, progression and recognition of prior learning
7. Assess to existing coaching programmes mapping and alignment against the LTCD skills
set and core skills
8. Develop and implement a template for a comprehensive gap analysis report for skills and
competencies in existing NF coaching programmes for all categories of coaching roles
9. Develop a Coach Education alignment tool of existing programmes with gaps closure against available coaching unit standards in support of NF accreditation for credit
bearing training and RPL
10.Report on recommendations towards skills setting and qualifications generating for
11. Assist Tertiary institutions with review and designing of coach education qualification
programmes aligned to the SA Coaching Framework
12. Evaluate processes for specific educational placement, and planning of the overall
diagnostic programme in the sports sector
13. Respond to requests for services and for identifying service delivery requirements based
on changes in the coaching education field generally and the assigned area specifically.
COMPETENCE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Consultation/Advising – Ability to provide advice and counsel. Ability to understand client programmes, organisations and culture which includes SAQA, CATHSSETA, DHET, Tertiary institutions and other stakeholders. Proven Participation in national coach education networks
Knowledge– Excellent knowledge of the South African Coaching Framework and Long Term Coach development framework. Professional knowledge of and professional skills in specific area(s) and keeps current with developments and trends in areas(s) of expertise. Proven experience with coach education standard setting and learning programme development and design
Excellent Knowledge of the NQF and related legislation, infrastructure and operation
Analytical Thinking – Ability to identify issues and obtain relevant information. Ability to
relate and compare data from different sources, and identify alternative solutions.
Communication – Ability to communicate information to individuals or groups; and deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Ability to clearly and concisely convey information orally or in writing to individuals or groups to ensure that they understand the information and the message. Ability to listen and
respond appropriately to others.
Training – Ability to lead and guide others to develop new skills or knowledge that will
enhance their work. Ability to design, develop and/or deliver training programmes.
Research – Ability to review and study relevant information from various sources to develop new information and identify primary and secondary authorities to validate.
Experience and foresight for further development of Sport Coaching.
SASCOC’s HR consultants, PCS Management Consultants, have been exclusively retained to manage the recruitment process. Candidates with the requisite competencies are encouraged to apply by submitting a short letter of motivation together with a brief resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 02 February 2015 at 16h00