- Big SA team ready to roll at Road World Championships
- Former KZN schoolboy and a two-time Olympian, Bird is back to his roots
- Van Dyk’s Berlin silver was a painful experience but now it’s next stop Chicago
- World Masters championships approaching final stages
- Cavemen and Bunters capture inaugural PHL titles
- Frustrated SA trio end 31st in Eisenhower Trophy
- SA end ninth as first junior champs crowned in Olympic surfing era
- No problem for Houstons as they paddle to Pre-Fish 1-2!
- Bregman fires final round 70 to end 31st in Spain
- Murray’s great memories of the Games linger on
South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee
SASCOC is South Africa’s national multi-coded sporting body responsible for the preparation, presentation and performance of teams to all multi-coded events, namely the Olympic Games, Paralympic Games, Commonwealth Games, World Games, All Africa Games, Olympic Youth Games, Commonwealth Youth Games and Zone VI Games.
At SASCOC we also look after all our various National Federations who are affiliated to us, together with the various provincial sports councils.
We are responsible for the awarding for National Protea Colours to athletes/officials who have met the criteria to represent South Africa in different sporting codes and arenas and we also endorse the applications for Bidding and Hosting of international events, providing these criteria are all met.
Gideon Sam is the President of SASCOC. To read his CV, please click here: GideonSamCV