- Blitzboks face Australia, France and Spain in Rio Games
- SA U23 side up for sizzling challenge against Japanese Olympic side
- Conley settles for a PB for now and will work hard on execution ahead of Rio
- Du Toit hangs on to her lead at SA Girls Championships
- Second for Hamman in Denmark as Fredericks hunts more pace in Sweden
- SA quartet book their places to Rio Paralympics
- Alkana blasts to hurdles gold at African Championships
- Semenya scorches to 1500m gold at African Championships
- Samu faces stern test defending SA Girls Champs title
- Grace is latest SA golfer to say no to Rio Olympics
South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee
SASCOC is South Africa’s national multi-coded sporting body responsible for the preparation, presentation and performance of teams to all multi-coded events, namely the Olympic Games, Paralympic Games, Commonwealth Games, World Games, All Africa Games, Olympic Youth Games, Commonwealth Youth Games and Zone VI Games.
At SASCOC we also look after all our various National Federations who are affiliated to us, together with the various provincial sports councils.
We are responsible for the awarding for National Protea Colours to athletes/officials who have met the criteria to represent South Africa in different sporting codes and arenas and we also endorse the applications for Bidding and Hosting of international events, providing these criteria are all met.
Gideon Sam is the President of SASCOC. To read his CV, please click here: GideonSamCV