- Sweeney secures World Champs berth, Le Clos wins third gold
- Semenya still on track for Rio 2016
- World record for Paul as Brown powers on
- Samaai soars to world’s leading leap of 2015 at nationals
- Brown’s golden form continues in Durban
- Top varsity sports stars on show in Western Cape
- Paralympic gold medallist Bouwer calls quits on career
- Rousseau ‘flies’ to World Champs qualifying spot
- Smith ‘boxes’ clever to reach Round Three Down Under
- Incredible Schalk wins key Laureus sports award
South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee
SASCOC is South Africa’s national multi-coded sporting body responsible for the preparation, presentation and performance of teams to all multi-coded events, namely the Olympic Games, Paralympic Games, Commonwealth Games, World Games, All Africa Games, Olympic Youth Games, Commonwealth Youth Games and Zone VI Games.
At SASCOC we also look after all our various National Federations who are affiliated to us, together with the various provincial sports councils.
We are responsible for the awarding for National Protea Colours to athletes/officials who have met the criteria to represent South Africa in different sporting codes and arenas and we also endorse the applications for Bidding and Hosting of international events, providing these criteria are all met.