- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after excited mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
SASCOC welcomes Minister Thembelani Nxesi as new Sports MInister
- Updated: March 31, 2017
SASCOC welcomes the appointment of Minister Thembelani Nxesi as the Minister of Sport and Recreation.
“We are looking forward to working with Minister Nxesi, and hope for a long and successful relationship. SASCOC has always had cordial relations with the department of Sports and Recreation, and we want to continue on this path towards meeting the sports needs of our country,” said President of SASCOC Gideon Sam.
“Minister Nxesi has a valuable role to play in steering us all in the sports movement towards achieving all the goals in the department’s development plan. Transformation and resource allocation are the most important issues that we will be engaging with the minister and his department,” added Sam.
CEO of SASCOC, Tubby Reddy, said that SASCOC is looking forward to engaging with Minister Nxesi as soon as possible to appraise him of the immediate challenges facing the sports movement in South Africa.
“We believe Minister Nxesi will adopt a fresh approach in addressing these challenges and we, as SASCOC, are confident of having a good working relationship with the minister. We hope to meet with the minister at his earliest convenience to brief him about the state of sports in our country and to address common objectives as contained in the National Sports and Recreation Plan,” added Reddy.