- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
Olympian Moolman-Pasio takes 18th in TT
- Updated: October 12, 2016
By Mark Etheridge
Two-time Olympian Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio was South Africa’s top finisher in the women’s Elite Individual Time Trial at the UCI Road World Championships in Doha, Qatar on Tuesday.
The Europe-based ace raced her way to 18th spot in the 28.9-kilometre dash through the desert.
Her ride saw her ending 2min 45.92sec down on American Amber Neben, at 41 a veteran of women’s world cycling and the oldest rider in the 41-strong field.
Neben clocked 36min 37.04 to take gold, 5.99 seconds ahead of pre-race favourite Ellen van Dijk of the Netherlands.
The only other South African in the field was Samantha Sanders who placed 32nd which was 5:55.31 in arrears.
Wednesday sees the elite men’s individual time trial being raced over 40km.
Picture of Moolman-Pasio in action courtesy of Tim de Waele/TDWSport.com