- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
- England wrap up Summer Series with 2-0 win against SA
- Five more Meet records at SA Grand Prix
- Fichardt nails 15th Sunshine Tour win at Joburg Open
- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
Olympian Moolman-Pasio takes 18th in TT
- Updated: October 12, 2016
By Mark Etheridge
Two-time Olympian Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio was South Africa’s top finisher in the women’s Elite Individual Time Trial at the UCI Road World Championships in Doha, Qatar on Tuesday.
The Europe-based ace raced her way to 18th spot in the 28.9-kilometre dash through the desert.
Her ride saw her ending 2min 45.92sec down on American Amber Neben, at 41 a veteran of women’s world cycling and the oldest rider in the 41-strong field.
Neben clocked 36min 37.04 to take gold, 5.99 seconds ahead of pre-race favourite Ellen van Dijk of the Netherlands.
The only other South African in the field was Samantha Sanders who placed 32nd which was 5:55.31 in arrears.
Wednesday sees the elite men’s individual time trial being raced over 40km.
Picture of Moolman-Pasio in action courtesy of Tim de Waele/TDWSport.com