- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
Olympic bronze medallists in Pool B for season opener
- Updated: September 23, 2016
Olympic bronze medallists South Africa have been drawn in Pool B for December’s opening round of the 2016/17 World Rugby Sevens Series in Dubai.
The Blitzboks will face USA, Scotland and as yet unnamed country in the 2-3 December event, featuring 16 teams.
Series holders and Olympic champions Fiji are in Pool A alongside Argentina, Wales and Canada.
In Pool C New Zealand, England, Samoa and Russia will face off.
Australia, Kenya, France and Japan are in Pool D.
Dubai 7s pools:
Pool A: Fiji, Argentina, Wales, Canada
Pool B: South Africa, USA, Scotland, TBC
Pool C: New Zealand, England, Samoa, Russia
Pool D: Australia, Kenya, France, Japan
The 2016-17 HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series schedule:
Dubai: 2-3 December
Cape Town: 10-11 December
Wellington: 28-29 January
Sydney: 4-5 February
Las Vegas: 3-5 March
Vancouver: 11-12 March
Hong Kong: 7-9 April
Singapore: 15-16 April
Paris: 13-14 May
London: 20-21 May