- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
SASCOC grieves death of Makhenkesi Stofile
- Updated: August 15, 2016
SASCOC and the South African sporting family are mourning the death of Makhenkesi Stofile, former Minister of Sport and Recreation South Africa (SRSA) who passed away on Monday, 15 August 2016.
A renowned sports administrator, Mr Stofile served as Minister of Sport for six years as well as filling the position of Chairman of the ANC in Eastern Cape since 1996. He was a Member of ANC National Executive Committee (NEC), a member of Parliament: ANC National Assembly and also sat on the 2010 FiFA World Cup LOC Board of Directors.
SASCOC Chief Executive Officer, Mr Tubby Reddy lamented the loss of a stalwart and conveyed his heartfelt condolences: “We mourn the loss of our former Minister of Sport, Makhenkesi, who as the Minister contributed immensely to South African sport and in turn to South African society.
“Our heartfelt condolences go to the Stofile family and friends and may his soul rest in peace.”
‘His passing leaves a gaping hole in South African sporting legacy.’