- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
SASCOC grieves death of Makhenkesi Stofile
- Updated: August 15, 2016
SASCOC and the South African sporting family are mourning the death of Makhenkesi Stofile, former Minister of Sport and Recreation South Africa (SRSA) who passed away on Monday, 15 August 2016.
A renowned sports administrator, Mr Stofile served as Minister of Sport for six years as well as filling the position of Chairman of the ANC in Eastern Cape since 1996. He was a Member of ANC National Executive Committee (NEC), a member of Parliament: ANC National Assembly and also sat on the 2010 FiFA World Cup LOC Board of Directors.
SASCOC Chief Executive Officer, Mr Tubby Reddy lamented the loss of a stalwart and conveyed his heartfelt condolences: “We mourn the loss of our former Minister of Sport, Makhenkesi, who as the Minister contributed immensely to South African sport and in turn to South African society.
“Our heartfelt condolences go to the Stofile family and friends and may his soul rest in peace.”
‘His passing leaves a gaping hole in South African sporting legacy.’