- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
Irvette van Zyl withdrawn from marathon race
- Updated: August 14, 2016
Please be advised that marathon runner Irvette van Zyl (nee Van Blerk) has been withdrawn from the Women’s Marathon race scheduled for Sunday 14 August 2016.
She was treated by the physiotherapists on Thursday 11 August 2016 and Friday 12 August 2016. She complained of pain on her foot and was taken by the Chief Medical Officer to the polyclinic for a MRI scan which has shown a stress fracture of the foot.
She has had to be placed in a moon boot and is now using crutches.
She is effectively ruled out of participation in her event.