- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
Irvette van Zyl withdrawn from marathon race
- Updated: August 14, 2016
Please be advised that marathon runner Irvette van Zyl (nee Van Blerk) has been withdrawn from the Women’s Marathon race scheduled for Sunday 14 August 2016.
She was treated by the physiotherapists on Thursday 11 August 2016 and Friday 12 August 2016. She complained of pain on her foot and was taken by the Chief Medical Officer to the polyclinic for a MRI scan which has shown a stress fracture of the foot.
She has had to be placed in a moon boot and is now using crutches.
She is effectively ruled out of participation in her event.