- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
- First IGT Tour win for Arnoldi at Centurion
- SA wheelchair tennis rocked by tragedy
- Ace SA duo in series triumph Down Under
- Montjane ends season on a double high
Irvette van Zyl withdrawn from marathon race
- Updated: August 14, 2016
Please be advised that marathon runner Irvette van Zyl (nee Van Blerk) has been withdrawn from the Women’s Marathon race scheduled for Sunday 14 August 2016.
She was treated by the physiotherapists on Thursday 11 August 2016 and Friday 12 August 2016. She complained of pain on her foot and was taken by the Chief Medical Officer to the polyclinic for a MRI scan which has shown a stress fracture of the foot.
She has had to be placed in a moon boot and is now using crutches.
She is effectively ruled out of participation in her event.