- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
Irvette van Zyl withdrawn from marathon race
- Updated: August 14, 2016
Please be advised that marathon runner Irvette van Zyl (nee Van Blerk) has been withdrawn from the Women’s Marathon race scheduled for Sunday 14 August 2016.
She was treated by the physiotherapists on Thursday 11 August 2016 and Friday 12 August 2016. She complained of pain on her foot and was taken by the Chief Medical Officer to the polyclinic for a MRI scan which has shown a stress fracture of the foot.
She has had to be placed in a moon boot and is now using crutches.
She is effectively ruled out of participation in her event.