- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
Irvette van Zyl withdrawn from marathon race
- Updated: August 14, 2016
Please be advised that marathon runner Irvette van Zyl (nee Van Blerk) has been withdrawn from the Women’s Marathon race scheduled for Sunday 14 August 2016.
She was treated by the physiotherapists on Thursday 11 August 2016 and Friday 12 August 2016. She complained of pain on her foot and was taken by the Chief Medical Officer to the polyclinic for a MRI scan which has shown a stress fracture of the foot.
She has had to be placed in a moon boot and is now using crutches.
She is effectively ruled out of participation in her event.