- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
Twitter praise for SA after Brazil draw
- Updated: August 4, 2016
South Africa’s 0-0 draw with hosts and tournament favourites Brazil in their opening game at the Olympics drew praise on social media. Here we look at some of the reactions.
Not a surprise to me that RSA held Brazil to a draw @Olympics . I was in SA in Feb & saw with my own eyes the young raw talent they have ???
— Paul Dickov (@OfficialPDickov) August 4, 2016
Experience ? #Rio2016
— Carol Tshabalala (@SimplyCarol8) August 4, 2016
— Dean Furman (@de4no22) August 4, 2016
South Africa – down to ten men – hold hosts Brazil (& Neymar) to a nil nil draw at the Olympics. Great achievement by #RSA.
— John Bennett (@JohnBennettBBC) August 4, 2016
— BBK (@BBKUnplugged99) August 4, 2016
— Thabiso Sithole (@ThabisoSithole) August 4, 2016
The senior national football team can learn a thing or two from these Under 23's at the Olympics. 10 keeping Brazil to goalless draw.
— Ryk Neethling (@RykNeethling) August 4, 2016
Khune was a controversial selection for Rio, but proved his worth tonight. Calm, experienced head at the back, and some superb saves.
— Dan Nicholl (@dannicholl) August 4, 2016
Result: Draw 0-0 SA U23 v Brazil. Khune immense & to hold Brazil to a draw with 10 men v 11 men, oustanding effort, well done#teamSArise
— TeamSouthAfrica (@teamsa16) August 4, 2016
— Joe Crann (@YesWeCrann) August 4, 2016
@IIKHUNE_32_16 performance in this game must be awkward for those fellow South Africans who couldn't stop talking before for Rio 2016
— Mninawa Ntloko (@ntlokom) August 4, 2016
The Dream Team can dare to dream! A huge point!
— Njabulo Ngidi (@NJABULON) August 4, 2016