- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
Update from Olympic House
- Updated: July 26, 2016
It’s exciting to finally reach the destination we’ve been working so hard to arrive at in this quadrennial – the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio De Janeiro.
Congratulations to all athletes who have had the honour to be selected as part of Team South Africa and believe the team is a blend of both experienced and new talent with many members having worn the green and gold of Team South Africa at previous Olympic Games.
The athletes representing us in Rio met all the eligible criteria set by the International Federations to participate in the Olympics, and they are all world-class athletes who have performed well at various international events while their names are well known in the international arena. I am confident that they will perform to the best of their abilities and do the country proud.
Join the excitement and keep up to speed with all updates on Team SA by downloading the news TeamSArise app on your phones and tablets. The app will allow for easier access to athletes’ profiles, results, competition schedules, pictures, videos and all other information that the public needs to know of the games.