- Stings down champs as Jaguars post Brutal record
- Bogey-free Bekker builds four-stroke lead in Lusaka
- National Orders honour for rowing’s ‘Oarsome Foursome’
- Fireballs douse Flames’ challenge in Brutal encounter
- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
Update from Olympic House
- Updated: July 26, 2016
It’s exciting to finally reach the destination we’ve been working so hard to arrive at in this quadrennial – the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio De Janeiro.
Congratulations to all athletes who have had the honour to be selected as part of Team South Africa and believe the team is a blend of both experienced and new talent with many members having worn the green and gold of Team South Africa at previous Olympic Games.
The athletes representing us in Rio met all the eligible criteria set by the International Federations to participate in the Olympics, and they are all world-class athletes who have performed well at various international events while their names are well known in the international arena. I am confident that they will perform to the best of their abilities and do the country proud.
Join the excitement and keep up to speed with all updates on Team SA by downloading the news TeamSArise app on your phones and tablets. The app will allow for easier access to athletes’ profiles, results, competition schedules, pictures, videos and all other information that the public needs to know of the games.