- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
Team SA settles in well in the Olympic Games Athletes village
- Updated: July 25, 2016
Contrary to various media reports that the village is ‘unliveable’, Team South Africa’s apartment block is excellent accommodation with large en suite apartments, with air conditioning, reliable wifi in every room, reception areas, balconies, swimming pool, kitchen sinks, mosquito pads, fans etc.
With the opening ceremony still 11 days away and the village almost complete, the standards already look like being on a par with most Olympic Athletes’ Villages to date.
SASCOC CEO and Team SA Chef De Mission Tubby Reddy commented, “Our team has settled in well and the block that we chose is ready. We have been lucky and hope all goes well throughout the rest of the games.”
Our football teams men and women are in Brazil with the men in Brazilia and the women here in Rio in an apartment reserved for football. The conditions in these apartments are also very good with all amenities in good working order.
We await the arrival of the balance of our athletes and officials of Team South Africa.
Issued on 25 July 2016