- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
Burger injury blow for Proteas ahead of Wales series
- Updated: June 2, 2016
Star SPAR Proteas netball centre Erin Burger had a painful setback on the eve of the series against Wales after cracking her cheekbone on Tuesday.
Burger cracked her cheekbone in two places following a collision with Zanele Vimbela in training on Tuesday.
She successfully underwent surgery in Durban on Wednesday.
It’s expected that the injury will see Burger out for up to two weeks.
The SPAR Proteas are in camp with consultant coach Norma Plummer of Australia. They are preparing for the Wales test series for which Plummer will name her 14-member team on Thursday.
The SPAR ‘baby’ Proteas Under-21 side will feature in curtain-raisers in the series as they play the Welsh U21 team.
17 June: SA U21 v Wales U21 (6pm); SA v Wales (8pm)
18 June: SA U21 v Wales U21 (4pm); SA v Wales (6pm)
19 June: SA U21 v Wales U21 (12 noon); SA v Wales (2pm)
Picture of Burger courtesy of Muzi Ntombela/BackpagePix