- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
Burger injury blow for Proteas ahead of Wales series
- Updated: June 2, 2016
Star SPAR Proteas netball centre Erin Burger had a painful setback on the eve of the series against Wales after cracking her cheekbone on Tuesday.
Burger cracked her cheekbone in two places following a collision with Zanele Vimbela in training on Tuesday.
She successfully underwent surgery in Durban on Wednesday.
It’s expected that the injury will see Burger out for up to two weeks.
The SPAR Proteas are in camp with consultant coach Norma Plummer of Australia. They are preparing for the Wales test series for which Plummer will name her 14-member team on Thursday.
The SPAR ‘baby’ Proteas Under-21 side will feature in curtain-raisers in the series as they play the Welsh U21 team.
17 June: SA U21 v Wales U21 (6pm); SA v Wales (8pm)
18 June: SA U21 v Wales U21 (4pm); SA v Wales (6pm)
19 June: SA U21 v Wales U21 (12 noon); SA v Wales (2pm)
Picture of Burger courtesy of Muzi Ntombela/BackpagePix