- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
Burger injury blow for Proteas ahead of Wales series
- Updated: June 2, 2016
Star SPAR Proteas netball centre Erin Burger had a painful setback on the eve of the series against Wales after cracking her cheekbone on Tuesday.
Burger cracked her cheekbone in two places following a collision with Zanele Vimbela in training on Tuesday.
She successfully underwent surgery in Durban on Wednesday.
It’s expected that the injury will see Burger out for up to two weeks.
The SPAR Proteas are in camp with consultant coach Norma Plummer of Australia. They are preparing for the Wales test series for which Plummer will name her 14-member team on Thursday.
The SPAR ‘baby’ Proteas Under-21 side will feature in curtain-raisers in the series as they play the Welsh U21 team.
17 June: SA U21 v Wales U21 (6pm); SA v Wales (8pm)
18 June: SA U21 v Wales U21 (4pm); SA v Wales (6pm)
19 June: SA U21 v Wales U21 (12 noon); SA v Wales (2pm)
Picture of Burger courtesy of Muzi Ntombela/BackpagePix