- Dusi seedings up for grabs at Umpetha Challenge
- Honoured Prinsloo looks to make even bigger strides
- Eight named to do Test duty against India
- Banetse has his eye on Umpetha Challenge podium
- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
Burger injury blow for Proteas ahead of Wales series
- Updated: June 2, 2016
Star SPAR Proteas netball centre Erin Burger had a painful setback on the eve of the series against Wales after cracking her cheekbone on Tuesday.
Burger cracked her cheekbone in two places following a collision with Zanele Vimbela in training on Tuesday.
She successfully underwent surgery in Durban on Wednesday.
It’s expected that the injury will see Burger out for up to two weeks.
The SPAR Proteas are in camp with consultant coach Norma Plummer of Australia. They are preparing for the Wales test series for which Plummer will name her 14-member team on Thursday.
The SPAR ‘baby’ Proteas Under-21 side will feature in curtain-raisers in the series as they play the Welsh U21 team.
17 June: SA U21 v Wales U21 (6pm); SA v Wales (8pm)
18 June: SA U21 v Wales U21 (4pm); SA v Wales (6pm)
19 June: SA U21 v Wales U21 (12 noon); SA v Wales (2pm)
Picture of Burger courtesy of Muzi Ntombela/BackpagePix