- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
Burger injury blow for Proteas ahead of Wales series
- Updated: June 2, 2016
Star SPAR Proteas netball centre Erin Burger had a painful setback on the eve of the series against Wales after cracking her cheekbone on Tuesday.
Burger cracked her cheekbone in two places following a collision with Zanele Vimbela in training on Tuesday.
She successfully underwent surgery in Durban on Wednesday.
It’s expected that the injury will see Burger out for up to two weeks.
The SPAR Proteas are in camp with consultant coach Norma Plummer of Australia. They are preparing for the Wales test series for which Plummer will name her 14-member team on Thursday.
The SPAR ‘baby’ Proteas Under-21 side will feature in curtain-raisers in the series as they play the Welsh U21 team.
17 June: SA U21 v Wales U21 (6pm); SA v Wales (8pm)
18 June: SA U21 v Wales U21 (4pm); SA v Wales (6pm)
19 June: SA U21 v Wales U21 (12 noon); SA v Wales (2pm)
Picture of Burger courtesy of Muzi Ntombela/BackpagePix