- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
SA fours combo through in Italy but a setback for Sandra
- Updated: April 23, 2016
South Africa’s para-rowers got of to a mixed bag of results on day one of the Gavirate Regatta in Italy on Friday, writes Mark Etheridge.
There was a heats victory for the Mix4+LTA combination.
Already provisionally qualified for this year’s Rio Paralympics, the quartet of Shannon Murray, Lucy Perold, Dieter Rosalie and Dylan Trollope (coxed by Willie Morgan) went through to Saturday’s A Finals.
There wasn’t such great news for London Paralympian Sandra Khumalo in the W1x AS category.
Explained coach Marco Galeone to Road to Rio 2016: ‘Sandra came fourth in her heat but her seat broke just after the start.
‘She continued racing anyway but we suspect she injured herself and her ribs are in pain but we should know more about it soon.’