- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
SA fours combo through in Italy but a setback for Sandra
- Updated: April 23, 2016
South Africa’s para-rowers got of to a mixed bag of results on day one of the Gavirate Regatta in Italy on Friday, writes Mark Etheridge.
There was a heats victory for the Mix4+LTA combination.
Already provisionally qualified for this year’s Rio Paralympics, the quartet of Shannon Murray, Lucy Perold, Dieter Rosalie and Dylan Trollope (coxed by Willie Morgan) went through to Saturday’s A Finals.
There wasn’t such great news for London Paralympian Sandra Khumalo in the W1x AS category.
Explained coach Marco Galeone to Road to Rio 2016: ‘Sandra came fourth in her heat but her seat broke just after the start.
‘She continued racing anyway but we suspect she injured herself and her ribs are in pain but we should know more about it soon.’