- Banyana replacements named for France friendly
- Local caddie bags big bonus after Storm’s win
- Storm stays calm as he holds off McIlroy to win SA Open
- Productive camp for Banyana ahead of French clash
- Storm hits last round of SA Open with three-stroke lead
- SA athletics already have Tokyo 2020 on their mind
- Storm leads suspended Open as McIlroy suffers setback
- Western Cape gears up for national championships
- Horne and Fisher upstage world No2 at SA Open
- Selepe set to make history at Davis Cup tie
SA fours combo through in Italy but a setback for Sandra
- Updated: April 23, 2016
South Africa’s para-rowers got of to a mixed bag of results on day one of the Gavirate Regatta in Italy on Friday, writes Mark Etheridge.
There was a heats victory for the Mix4+LTA combination.
Already provisionally qualified for this year’s Rio Paralympics, the quartet of Shannon Murray, Lucy Perold, Dieter Rosalie and Dylan Trollope (coxed by Willie Morgan) went through to Saturday’s A Finals.
There wasn’t such great news for London Paralympian Sandra Khumalo in the W1x AS category.
Explained coach Marco Galeone to Road to Rio 2016: ‘Sandra came fourth in her heat but her seat broke just after the start.
‘She continued racing anyway but we suspect she injured herself and her ribs are in pain but we should know more about it soon.’