- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
SA fours combo through in Italy but a setback for Sandra
- Updated: April 23, 2016
South Africa’s para-rowers got of to a mixed bag of results on day one of the Gavirate Regatta in Italy on Friday, writes Mark Etheridge.
There was a heats victory for the Mix4+LTA combination.
Already provisionally qualified for this year’s Rio Paralympics, the quartet of Shannon Murray, Lucy Perold, Dieter Rosalie and Dylan Trollope (coxed by Willie Morgan) went through to Saturday’s A Finals.
There wasn’t such great news for London Paralympian Sandra Khumalo in the W1x AS category.
Explained coach Marco Galeone to Road to Rio 2016: ‘Sandra came fourth in her heat but her seat broke just after the start.
‘She continued racing anyway but we suspect she injured herself and her ribs are in pain but we should know more about it soon.’