- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
SA fours combo through in Italy but a setback for Sandra
- Updated: April 23, 2016
South Africa’s para-rowers got of to a mixed bag of results on day one of the Gavirate Regatta in Italy on Friday, writes Mark Etheridge.
There was a heats victory for the Mix4+LTA combination.
Already provisionally qualified for this year’s Rio Paralympics, the quartet of Shannon Murray, Lucy Perold, Dieter Rosalie and Dylan Trollope (coxed by Willie Morgan) went through to Saturday’s A Finals.
There wasn’t such great news for London Paralympian Sandra Khumalo in the W1x AS category.
Explained coach Marco Galeone to Road to Rio 2016: ‘Sandra came fourth in her heat but her seat broke just after the start.
‘She continued racing anyway but we suspect she injured herself and her ribs are in pain but we should know more about it soon.’