- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
- England wrap up Summer Series with 2-0 win against SA
- Five more Meet records at SA Grand Prix
- Fichardt nails 15th Sunshine Tour win at Joburg Open
- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
Banyana Banyana bounce back to hold Cameroon
- Updated: March 29, 2016
Banyana Banyana drew 2-2 with Cameroon in the second international friendly match played at Omnisport Stadium in Limbe on Easter Monday.
In a match played in blazing heat, Vera Pauw’s 2016 Olympic-bound squad came back from behind twice to hold the hosts having beaten the same side 2-0 in the first friendly match played on Easter Friday.
Banyana Banyana goals were scored by Chantelle Essau in the 44th minute while the second came from Linda Motlhalo on the 72nd minute.
Despite conceding two goals in the second game, imposing goalkeeper Roxanne Barker was the rock on which most Cameroonian attacks perished.
Coach Pauw was excited about the two friendly matches adding that such matches would toughen her players ahead of the Rio Olympics.
‘These (the two friendly matches) were very vital exercise. Apart from the results in which we won one game and drew the other, the physically bigger Cameroonians gave us another dimension on which we need to work on.
‘I would like to play as many international friendly matches as possible ahead of us leaving for Rio so that we also have a feel of different styles. Such training helps us on working on various aspects of our game,’ said an elated Vera Pauw.