- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
Meder on the move at SA Level 3 Championships
- Updated: March 20, 2016
Rebecca Meder showed off her record-breaking form during Saturday’s second day of the SA Level 3 National Age Group Swimming Championships, taking place at the Newton Park Swimming Pool in Port Elizabeth.
The 13-year-old Capetonian was quick off the block in the 200-metre freestyle race, winning the gold in a new Age Group Record of 2min 05.72sec.
Meder also scooped the gold in the 50m breaststroke in 34.51 and later added the silver medal to her tally in the 100m backstroke in 1:06.86.
At only 12, KZN’s Luca Holtzhausen was at the top of the medal podium on three occasions, winning the 100m backstroke in 1:05.94, the 50m breaststroke in 33.49 and the 200m freestyle in 2:08.94.
Walking away with two gold medals on the night was Stellenbosch’s Kiara Noades (14), taking the 100m backstroke title in 1:06.28 and the 200m freestyle gold in 2:07.62, while Hanim Abrahams (14) claimed the 50m breaststroke first place and won silver in the 200m butterfly.
Luan Grobbelaar (14) added to his gold medal from Friday by winning the 100m backstroke in 1:01.01 and later on won the silver in the 50m breaststroke in 31.87 and the bronze in the 200m freestyle in 2:01.20.
The SA Level 3 National Age Group Swimming Championships continue on Sunday.