- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Updated: March 8, 2016
With just around five months and exactly six months to go before Rio Olympics and Paralympics swing into action respectively, the South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee (SASCOC) launched an exciting campaign named ‘TeamSA Rise’ in Johannesburg on Monday, 7 March 2016.
The #teamSArise viral campaign is aimed at supporting South Africa’s Olympic and Paralympic athletes as they make their final preparations to represent the nation at the biggest international sporting events. The campaign will feature on the social media platforms of Twitter, Facebook and YouTube and all South Africans are urged to join in the conversation and support TeamSA as they continue with their journey to Rio.
Commuters travelling between Pretoria and Johannesburg spotted a banner that has been erected at Waterfall City in Midrand asking all to #RISE and this has created lots of excitement. Twitter was abuzz on Monday morning with most people tweeting and retweeting about this exciting campaign.
Says SASCOC CEO, Mr Tubby Reddy: ‘In recent times South African citizens have been chanting songs ending with the phrase‘…..must fall’, but our late icon Nelson Mandela alluded to sport as having the power to change the world. The excitement continues to mount as our road to Rio destination draws closer, and we truly believe TeamSA will rise and do us proud as a nation.’
Supporting Reddy’s call for support, SASCOC President Mr Gideon Sam said: ‘The Road To Rio 2016 Campaign that started immediately after the London 2012 Olympic Games is now entering the final stretch.
‘To intensify the Rio 2016 Campaign, we are now launching the TeamSA Rise Campaign. Simply put, this is our way of raising awareness about the Games, our athletes and the sponsors who support our TeamSA to Rio.
‘We know that the SA public are ready to support the team as we get ever closer to the Games by meeting and getting to know our athletes. Through this campaign we will show SA why we think 10 medals for this campaign is achievable! Team SA will rise in Rio but to do that we need the support of all South Africans.’
Join us and support TeamSA on:
Facebook: Team South Africa
YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/K6-3cB46tvQ