- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
SA’s Olympic footballers will know their opponents on 14 April
- Updated: February 25, 2016
South Africa’s 2016 Olympics football teams will know their opponents for Rio de Janeiro on 14 April.
The draw will be made at the iconic Maracana Stadium, the same venue that hosts the men’s and women’s finals on 19/20 August respectively.
In the men’s tournament, the 16 men’s teams will be drawn into four groups and the 12 women’s teams into three groups.
Defending champions are Mexico (men) and United States (women).
Three spots still need to be decided in the women’s competition and one in the men’s.
The other women’s qualifiers are: hosts Brazil, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Germany, France, Canada, USA, New Zealand and Colombia.
Men’s sides to have qualified are hosts Brazil, South Africa, Argentina, Denmark, Germany, Portugal, Sweden, Fiji, Honduras, Mexico, Algeria, Nigeria, Iraq, Japan and South Korea. Colombia and the United States play off to in March to complete the final line-up.
The soccer competition will be decided between 3-20 August.