- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
SA women draw against India but lose the series
- Updated: February 22, 2016
The South Africa women’s hockey team drew the second Test 2-2 with India at Hartleyvale in Cape Town on Sunday after India had led 2-1 at half-time.
The result leaves India 1-0 winners in the two-Test series, this after they won the first Test 1-0 on Saturday.
This Test series formed the opening leg of the Private Property Summer Series, which features 10 men’s and women’s Test matches in Cape Town and Stellenbosch and continuing to Saturday, 5 March.
SA struck first Sunday when Marizen Marais, in her second Test match, scored a field goal in the third minute. India equalised six minutes from half-time (24th) when Gurjit Kaur netted from a penalty corner (PC).
Two minutes later (26th) India took a 2-1 lead when Grace Deep Ekka scored from a PC.
SA drew level four minutes after half-time through Dirkie Chamberlain’s field goal for the 2-2 final score.
On Saturday, India’s Deepika scored the lone goal of the first Test via a PC five minutes from the end (55th).
The Private Property Summer series continues Wednesday at Hartleyvale when the SA women tackle Scotland at 6pm. The SA women’s team face Scotland in a three-Test series and Germany in a two-Test series.
The SA men’s team take on Germany in a three-Test series, the lads in green and gold kicking off their campaign against the reigning Olympic Games champions on Friday.
(At Hartleyvale unless stated)
Wed, Feb 24: SA women vs Scotland (6pm)
Fri, Feb 26: SA men vs Germany (6pm)
Sat, Feb 27: SA women vs Scotland (4pm)
Sat, Feb 27: SA men vs Germany (6pm)
Sun, Feb 28: SA women vs Scotland (6pm)
Mon, Feb 29: SA men vs Germany (6pm)
Fri, Mar 4: SA women vs Germany (5pm, Bishops)
Sat, Mar 5: SA women vs Germany (4pm, Stellenbosch)