- Judo brings in Team SA’s first medals of Games
- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
SA women draw against India but lose the series
- Updated: February 22, 2016
The South Africa women’s hockey team drew the second Test 2-2 with India at Hartleyvale in Cape Town on Sunday after India had led 2-1 at half-time.
The result leaves India 1-0 winners in the two-Test series, this after they won the first Test 1-0 on Saturday.
This Test series formed the opening leg of the Private Property Summer Series, which features 10 men’s and women’s Test matches in Cape Town and Stellenbosch and continuing to Saturday, 5 March.
SA struck first Sunday when Marizen Marais, in her second Test match, scored a field goal in the third minute. India equalised six minutes from half-time (24th) when Gurjit Kaur netted from a penalty corner (PC).
Two minutes later (26th) India took a 2-1 lead when Grace Deep Ekka scored from a PC.
SA drew level four minutes after half-time through Dirkie Chamberlain’s field goal for the 2-2 final score.
On Saturday, India’s Deepika scored the lone goal of the first Test via a PC five minutes from the end (55th).
The Private Property Summer series continues Wednesday at Hartleyvale when the SA women tackle Scotland at 6pm. The SA women’s team face Scotland in a three-Test series and Germany in a two-Test series.
The SA men’s team take on Germany in a three-Test series, the lads in green and gold kicking off their campaign against the reigning Olympic Games champions on Friday.
(At Hartleyvale unless stated)
Wed, Feb 24: SA women vs Scotland (6pm)
Fri, Feb 26: SA men vs Germany (6pm)
Sat, Feb 27: SA women vs Scotland (4pm)
Sat, Feb 27: SA men vs Germany (6pm)
Sun, Feb 28: SA women vs Scotland (6pm)
Mon, Feb 29: SA men vs Germany (6pm)
Fri, Mar 4: SA women vs Germany (5pm, Bishops)
Sat, Mar 5: SA women vs Germany (4pm, Stellenbosch)