- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
Olivier flies SA flag at Winter Youth Olympics in Norway
- Updated: February 13, 2016
A proud Elizabeth Olivier carried the South African flag at the opening ceremony of the Winter Youth Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway on Friday evening
Mark Etheridge writes that the Eastern Cape athlete is the only SA athlete taking part and is coached by former Winter Olympian Alex Heath.
Her proud father, Johan said from Norway: ‘The ceremony was wonderful. It was very cold and many people attended. It was spectacular, full of energy with a few surprises.
‘The best part is that Elizabeth was part of it. Not only waving the flag but taking part by saying something.
‘This is great for SA and great for South African sportsmen and women!’
Olivier will take part in the slalom and grand slalom events towards the end of the Games which end on 21 February