- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
Olivier flies SA flag at Winter Youth Olympics in Norway
- Updated: February 13, 2016
A proud Elizabeth Olivier carried the South African flag at the opening ceremony of the Winter Youth Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway on Friday evening
Mark Etheridge writes that the Eastern Cape athlete is the only SA athlete taking part and is coached by former Winter Olympian Alex Heath.
Her proud father, Johan said from Norway: ‘The ceremony was wonderful. It was very cold and many people attended. It was spectacular, full of energy with a few surprises.
‘The best part is that Elizabeth was part of it. Not only waving the flag but taking part by saying something.
‘This is great for SA and great for South African sportsmen and women!’
Olivier will take part in the slalom and grand slalom events towards the end of the Games which end on 21 February