- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after excited mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
Olivier flies SA flag at Winter Youth Olympics in Norway
- Updated: February 13, 2016
A proud Elizabeth Olivier carried the South African flag at the opening ceremony of the Winter Youth Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway on Friday evening
Mark Etheridge writes that the Eastern Cape athlete is the only SA athlete taking part and is coached by former Winter Olympian Alex Heath.
Her proud father, Johan said from Norway: ‘The ceremony was wonderful. It was very cold and many people attended. It was spectacular, full of energy with a few surprises.
‘The best part is that Elizabeth was part of it. Not only waving the flag but taking part by saying something.
‘This is great for SA and great for South African sportsmen and women!’
Olivier will take part in the slalom and grand slalom events towards the end of the Games which end on 21 February