- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
Olivier flies SA flag at Winter Youth Olympics in Norway
- Updated: February 13, 2016
A proud Elizabeth Olivier carried the South African flag at the opening ceremony of the Winter Youth Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway on Friday evening
Mark Etheridge writes that the Eastern Cape athlete is the only SA athlete taking part and is coached by former Winter Olympian Alex Heath.
Her proud father, Johan said from Norway: ‘The ceremony was wonderful. It was very cold and many people attended. It was spectacular, full of energy with a few surprises.
‘The best part is that Elizabeth was part of it. Not only waving the flag but taking part by saying something.
‘This is great for SA and great for South African sportsmen and women!’
Olivier will take part in the slalom and grand slalom events towards the end of the Games which end on 21 February