- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
- Track stars shine as riders pay respect to the late Zaki
- Scorching weather shortens Cape Epic stage but the racing’s still hot
- Sullwald, Fischer seal national elite titles in Aldam
Olivier flies SA flag at Winter Youth Olympics in Norway
- Updated: February 13, 2016
A proud Elizabeth Olivier carried the South African flag at the opening ceremony of the Winter Youth Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway on Friday evening
Mark Etheridge writes that the Eastern Cape athlete is the only SA athlete taking part and is coached by former Winter Olympian Alex Heath.
Her proud father, Johan said from Norway: ‘The ceremony was wonderful. It was very cold and many people attended. It was spectacular, full of energy with a few surprises.
‘The best part is that Elizabeth was part of it. Not only waving the flag but taking part by saying something.
‘This is great for SA and great for South African sportsmen and women!’
Olivier will take part in the slalom and grand slalom events towards the end of the Games which end on 21 February