- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
SASCOC mourns passing of Goliath Munro
- Updated: January 2, 2016
SASCOC and the South African sports community is grieving at the passing of Western Cape Provincial Sports Confederation President Mr Goliath Munro on Friday 1 January 2016.
Munro died after a brave battle against cancer.
He was a talented cross-country runner at primary school level and was involved in athletics administration from grassroots through to national level. He was particularly active in the Eden/South Western Districts region.
Munro had served as President of the WCPSC for the last five years. He was also bestowed with the honour of Sports Legend in 2010.
’We are extremely saddened by the passing of our colleague and friend, Goliath,’ said SASCOC President Mr Gideon Sam.
‘Well known in sporting circles, his loss is a double blow to the sports movement as not only did he lead the Western Cape Sports Confederation but he also served on the sports and recreation distribution agency of the Lotteries Commission.
‘Our condolences go out to his family and friends. He will most definitely be sorely missed in our future sports gatherings.’