- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
Selectors name squad of 48 for training and Tests
- Updated: December 24, 2015
A squad of 48 women’s players has been named by the national hockey selectors going into the New Year.
The South Africa women’s hockey team selection panel of convenor Mickey Gordon, Jo Morley-Jepson, Gordon Pentecost and national head coach Sheldon Rostron have settled on 48 players, 24 in each group, to take part in a training camp and an international series in February.
The countries coming to South Africa are India, Scotland, Canada and Germany.
Fixtures and venues to be confirmed.
SA women’s hockey squad: Sanani Mangisa, Anelle van Deventer, Lisa Deetlefs, Christine Roos, Nicole Walraven, Cornelle Botha, Tarryn Mallett, Celia Evans, Shelley Russell, Nicolene Terblanche, Bernie Coston, Dirkie Chamberlain, Candice Manuel, Sulette Damons, Carmen Smith, Lilian du Plessis, Izelle Lategan, Toni Marks, Kara Stella, Jade Mayne, Liné Malan, Erin Hunter, Kaila Flemming, Kelly Madsen.
South Africa women’s ‘A’ hockey squad: Zimmy Shange, Nicole la Fleur, Luché Klaasen, Demi du Toit, Jessica O’Connor, Izelle Verster, Antoinette Louw, Tarryn Glasby, Lisa Hawker, Jo-nelke Swanepoel, Stephanie Baxter, Marizen Marais, Jessica de Bruyn Smith, Stephanie Botha, Marguerite van Wyk, Jacqui Ras, Chanelle Raubenheimer, Demi Harmse, Beatrix Westdyk, Heather McEwan, Priscilla Esterhuyse, Tanya Britz, Robyn Johnson, Marlize van Tonder.