- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
SA men and women in Africa Cup action
- Updated: October 29, 2015
The South African men’s and women’s hockey teams return to the Randburg Hockey Stadium turf on Thursday with back-to-back matches in the 2015 Greenfields Africa Hockey Championships.
The SA women face Kenya at 4.45pm and the SA men tackle Namibia at 7pm.
Both matches should result in comfortable wins for the South Africans and the emphasis will be on maintaining quality performances as this Rio 2016 Olympic Games Qualifier event heads towards the make-or-break contests over the weekend.
The SA men are sure to face Kenya in Saturday’s 4.30pm semi-final with Egypt up against Ghana in the 2pm semi-final. Sunday’s final is at 4.30pm.
While the women’s competition is a round-robin event with no final, the girls in green and gold’s match against Ghana at 11.30am Sunday is likely to be a final in everything but name.
Before Sunday, however, the SA women have the hurdles against Kenya, and Tanzania, on Friday (7pm) to negotiate.
Meanwhile, two men’s matches played out Wednesday with Kenya beating Tanzania 7-0 and Egypt outplaying Nigeria 8-0.