- Klaasen bags a fourth ATP World Tour doubles title in the US
- Strauss hoping title defence will spark return to form
- Defending champ Venter makes his SA senior team debut
- Singh shoots Amajita to victory against Cameroon
- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
- England wrap up Summer Series with 2-0 win against SA
- Five more Meet records at SA Grand Prix
- Fichardt nails 15th Sunshine Tour win at Joburg Open
Van der Burgh spearheads SA 1-2 in Tokyo
- Updated: October 28, 2015
Cameron van der Burgh continued his winning ways at the FINA/Airweave World Cup in Tokyo, Japan on Wednesday.
And this time he had a ‘henchman’ on hand in the shape of friend and training partner Guilio Zorzi.
The two took 50-metre gold and silver in first day action at the Tatsumi International Swimming Centre.
And the victory in a relatively slow 27.18sec does nothing but consolidate Van der Burgh’s lead at the overall World Cup rankings.
Zorzi’s silver came in 27.93 and the two were the only ones to dip under the 28sec mark.
Third was Japan’s Ryouta Nomura in 28.04.
The Japan leg of the series wraps up on Thursday and the two South Africans will tackle the two-lap breaststroke event and Zorzi also lines up for the 50m freestyle.