- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
SA put final touches to African Qualifiers preparation
- Updated: October 22, 2015
The Sasol South African senior men’s wheelchair basketball team will be out to sharpen their game when they take part in the final Sasol Green vs Gold Series match of the season, at the Mandeville Sports Centre, Bezuidenhout Valley, Johannesburg, on Saturday.
The Sasol Amawheelaboys team will be divided into two teams of equal strength to ensure sufficient game time for all involved.
The match starts at 1.30pm and Sasol Amawheelaboys T-shirts will be handed out to the first 50 fans to enter the venue.
The team will fly out of South Africa next week to compete in the International Wheelchair Basketball Federation’s African Qualifiers in Algiers, Algeria, from 31 October-7 November. The winning African nation will qualify to represent the continent at the 2016 Rio Paralympics.
‘The Sasol Green vs Gold Series fixture is the fourth and final match of the year in this competition. This allows me to try out various on-court player combinations,’ said Sasol Amawheelaboys Head Coach Franck Belen.
Belen encourages wheelchair basketball fans to support the Sasol Amawheelaboys, and also wish them luck for the competition in Algeria.
‘Playing against Algeria in front of their home fans is a tough assignment, and we need all South Africans to rally behind our team and give them the support that they deserve,’ said the coach.