- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
SA put final touches to African Qualifiers preparation
- Updated: October 22, 2015
The Sasol South African senior men’s wheelchair basketball team will be out to sharpen their game when they take part in the final Sasol Green vs Gold Series match of the season, at the Mandeville Sports Centre, Bezuidenhout Valley, Johannesburg, on Saturday.
The Sasol Amawheelaboys team will be divided into two teams of equal strength to ensure sufficient game time for all involved.
The match starts at 1.30pm and Sasol Amawheelaboys T-shirts will be handed out to the first 50 fans to enter the venue.
The team will fly out of South Africa next week to compete in the International Wheelchair Basketball Federation’s African Qualifiers in Algiers, Algeria, from 31 October-7 November. The winning African nation will qualify to represent the continent at the 2016 Rio Paralympics.
‘The Sasol Green vs Gold Series fixture is the fourth and final match of the year in this competition. This allows me to try out various on-court player combinations,’ said Sasol Amawheelaboys Head Coach Franck Belen.
Belen encourages wheelchair basketball fans to support the Sasol Amawheelaboys, and also wish them luck for the competition in Algeria.
‘Playing against Algeria in front of their home fans is a tough assignment, and we need all South Africans to rally behind our team and give them the support that they deserve,’ said the coach.