- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
- England wrap up Summer Series with 2-0 win against SA
- Five more Meet records at SA Grand Prix
- Fichardt nails 15th Sunshine Tour win at Joburg Open
- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
Du Preez wins a fourth title at Berlin Marathon
- Updated: September 30, 2015
By Mark Etheridge
London Paralympian Pieter du Preez’s superlative year continued in Germany on Sunday.
After a number of victories at World Cup events and double gold at the UCI Para-cycling Road World Championships in Nottwil, Switzerland, Du Preez turned to his attention to the standard marathon events… in this case, the Berlin Marathon.
He ended up notching a fourth win in the T51 wheelchair category.
‘For the first time as a quad I was called out at the front line up which was quite an honour for me,’ he said.
‘I was hoping for a great performance but it ended up in a “good” performance time wise. I did a time of 2hr 30min and winning the T51 race for the fourth consecutive year is pretty great!
‘It was a tough day for me having to work hard with what felt like a wind against me all the time but maybe it was just me.
‘Nevertheless, it was an awesome marathon to race and an incredible 2015 is just continuing! Team Supapiet is feeling very blessed and thanks for all the support!’