- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
Du Preez wins a fourth title at Berlin Marathon
- Updated: September 30, 2015
By Mark Etheridge
London Paralympian Pieter du Preez’s superlative year continued in Germany on Sunday.
After a number of victories at World Cup events and double gold at the UCI Para-cycling Road World Championships in Nottwil, Switzerland, Du Preez turned to his attention to the standard marathon events… in this case, the Berlin Marathon.
He ended up notching a fourth win in the T51 wheelchair category.
‘For the first time as a quad I was called out at the front line up which was quite an honour for me,’ he said.
‘I was hoping for a great performance but it ended up in a “good” performance time wise. I did a time of 2hr 30min and winning the T51 race for the fourth consecutive year is pretty great!
‘It was a tough day for me having to work hard with what felt like a wind against me all the time but maybe it was just me.
‘Nevertheless, it was an awesome marathon to race and an incredible 2015 is just continuing! Team Supapiet is feeling very blessed and thanks for all the support!’