- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
Five new sports recommended for 2020 Olympics in Tokyo
- Updated: September 28, 2015
Five potential Olympic sporting codes have until next August before they hear if they will be part of the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, Japan.
A meeting of the International Olympic Committee saw baseball/softball, skateboarding, sport climbing and surfing being recommended for inclusion in the 2020 Games.
An original list of 26 sports were originally submitted before this was reduced to first eight in June, 2015, then five on Monday.
The three sports that missed out were bowling, squash and wushu (martial arts).
Sevens rugby and golf were the two new sports included for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.