- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
Five new sports recommended for 2020 Olympics in Tokyo
- Updated: September 28, 2015
Five potential Olympic sporting codes have until next August before they hear if they will be part of the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, Japan.
A meeting of the International Olympic Committee saw baseball/softball, skateboarding, sport climbing and surfing being recommended for inclusion in the 2020 Games.
An original list of 26 sports were originally submitted before this was reduced to first eight in June, 2015, then five on Monday.
The three sports that missed out were bowling, squash and wushu (martial arts).
Sevens rugby and golf were the two new sports included for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.