- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
Five new sports recommended for 2020 Olympics in Tokyo
- Updated: September 28, 2015
Five potential Olympic sporting codes have until next August before they hear if they will be part of the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, Japan.
A meeting of the International Olympic Committee saw baseball/softball, skateboarding, sport climbing and surfing being recommended for inclusion in the 2020 Games.
An original list of 26 sports were originally submitted before this was reduced to first eight in June, 2015, then five on Monday.
The three sports that missed out were bowling, squash and wushu (martial arts).
Sevens rugby and golf were the two new sports included for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.