- Judo brings in Team SA’s first medals of Games
- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
Five new sports recommended for 2020 Olympics in Tokyo
- Updated: September 28, 2015
Five potential Olympic sporting codes have until next August before they hear if they will be part of the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, Japan.
A meeting of the International Olympic Committee saw baseball/softball, skateboarding, sport climbing and surfing being recommended for inclusion in the 2020 Games.
An original list of 26 sports were originally submitted before this was reduced to first eight in June, 2015, then five on Monday.
The three sports that missed out were bowling, squash and wushu (martial arts).
Sevens rugby and golf were the two new sports included for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.