- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
SASCOC rallies behind Springboks after skipper’s injury
- Updated: September 27, 2015
On behalf of the sports movement, SASCOC are saddened by the news that Springbok captain Jean de Villiers has been ruled out of the 2015 Rugby World Cup due to a fractured jaw and extend their best wishes that he makes a speedy recovery.
De Villiers broke his jaw during the match against Samoa on Saturday, a match which left several Springboks injured.
The President of SASCOC, Gideon Sam and SASCOC CEO Tubby Reddy extended their gratitude to De Villiers for his fighting and courageous spirit displayed at the 2015 Rugby World Cup.
Says Reddy, “We are saddened at the news of Jean’s injury at this crucial time but we sincerely commend him for always possessing a winning spirit. Even though he has suffered a number of injuries in the past, and recently just last month in Agentina, he continues to give his best and represents the best aspects of our nation in rugby.”
“While Jean’s withdrawal from the World Cup will be a major drawback to the team, SASCOC and the rest of the nation rallies behind the Springboks and wish them well in the rest of their competition,” added Sam.