- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
SA flag raised at 2015 African Games
- Updated: September 4, 2015
By Mark Etheridge
in Brazzaville, Congo
The South African flag flies proudly at yet another multi-coded sports event.
Friday morning saw the official flag-raising ceremony of the 2015 African Games on the same day of the opening ceremony.
Team SA’s Chef de Mission, Ms Ezera Tshabangu, also handed over a gift to the Athletes’ Village Mayor, Mr Damien Madiki.
South Africa’s flag was the third African nation’s to be hoisted and they shared the flag-raising ceremony with the tiny West African country of Cape Verde Islands.
First flag up the mast is that of the African Union, next is the African Union Sports Council and first country up was Niger.
The ceremony took part just metres away from Team SA’s residence, in Bloc A, named Pointe-Noire after the coastal Congolese city.
In the picture (from left to right), Chef de Mission Ezera Tshabangu hands over the gift to the mayor, as Team SA’s Hugh Everson, Leon Fleiser, partly obscured, Imraan Camroodien, and Siyabonga Kunene look on. Picture by Kagisho Matolong