- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
Grace takes third spot at US PGA Championships
- Updated: August 17, 2015
South Africa’s Branden Grace carded a final round 69 to end third at the US PGA Championships in Whistling Straits, Wisconsin on Sunday.
Grace was the highest placed of the South African contingent as Australia’s Jason Day ended on 20-under-par 268 for his first Major victory.
A score of 273 saw Grace ending five shots adrift as Jordan Spieth of America ended runner-up on 271. Grace had six birdies in his final round, but also a bogey and double-bogey (at the 10th hole).
Next best South African was George Coetzee, joint seventh on 276 while Ernie Els fired a final round 72 for a total of 283 (joint 25th).
Then came British Open runner-up Louis Oosthuizen, tied for 30th on 284 and Charl Schwartzel (37th on 285).