- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
Grace takes third spot at US PGA Championships
- Updated: August 17, 2015
South Africa’s Branden Grace carded a final round 69 to end third at the US PGA Championships in Whistling Straits, Wisconsin on Sunday.
Grace was the highest placed of the South African contingent as Australia’s Jason Day ended on 20-under-par 268 for his first Major victory.
A score of 273 saw Grace ending five shots adrift as Jordan Spieth of America ended runner-up on 271. Grace had six birdies in his final round, but also a bogey and double-bogey (at the 10th hole).
Next best South African was George Coetzee, joint seventh on 276 while Ernie Els fired a final round 72 for a total of 283 (joint 25th).
Then came British Open runner-up Louis Oosthuizen, tied for 30th on 284 and Charl Schwartzel (37th on 285).