- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
Grace takes third spot at US PGA Championships
- Updated: August 17, 2015
South Africa’s Branden Grace carded a final round 69 to end third at the US PGA Championships in Whistling Straits, Wisconsin on Sunday.
Grace was the highest placed of the South African contingent as Australia’s Jason Day ended on 20-under-par 268 for his first Major victory.
A score of 273 saw Grace ending five shots adrift as Jordan Spieth of America ended runner-up on 271. Grace had six birdies in his final round, but also a bogey and double-bogey (at the 10th hole).
Next best South African was George Coetzee, joint seventh on 276 while Ernie Els fired a final round 72 for a total of 283 (joint 25th).
Then came British Open runner-up Louis Oosthuizen, tied for 30th on 284 and Charl Schwartzel (37th on 285).