- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
Grace takes third spot at US PGA Championships
- Updated: August 17, 2015
South Africa’s Branden Grace carded a final round 69 to end third at the US PGA Championships in Whistling Straits, Wisconsin on Sunday.
Grace was the highest placed of the South African contingent as Australia’s Jason Day ended on 20-under-par 268 for his first Major victory.
A score of 273 saw Grace ending five shots adrift as Jordan Spieth of America ended runner-up on 271. Grace had six birdies in his final round, but also a bogey and double-bogey (at the 10th hole).
Next best South African was George Coetzee, joint seventh on 276 while Ernie Els fired a final round 72 for a total of 283 (joint 25th).
Then came British Open runner-up Louis Oosthuizen, tied for 30th on 284 and Charl Schwartzel (37th on 285).