- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
Grace takes third spot at US PGA Championships
- Updated: August 17, 2015
South Africa’s Branden Grace carded a final round 69 to end third at the US PGA Championships in Whistling Straits, Wisconsin on Sunday.
Grace was the highest placed of the South African contingent as Australia’s Jason Day ended on 20-under-par 268 for his first Major victory.
A score of 273 saw Grace ending five shots adrift as Jordan Spieth of America ended runner-up on 271. Grace had six birdies in his final round, but also a bogey and double-bogey (at the 10th hole).
Next best South African was George Coetzee, joint seventh on 276 while Ernie Els fired a final round 72 for a total of 283 (joint 25th).
Then came British Open runner-up Louis Oosthuizen, tied for 30th on 284 and Charl Schwartzel (37th on 285).