- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
Proteas down Uganda and now meet Malawi in play-offs
- Updated: August 15, 2015
The SPAR Protea netballers have beaten continental rivals Uganda 50-40 at the World Cup in Sydney, Australia.
After shading the first quarter 13-11 they lead 24-20 at the halfway mark after three quick goals near the end of the second quarter.
They extended that gap to a nine-goal advantage to go into the final quarter 37-28 to the good.
Thirteen goals came their way in the final quarter while Uganda scored a further 12.
Norma Plummer’s team now play another African side, Malawi in the play-off for fifth-sixth spot on Sunday. This after they had lost to the same side in their opening World Cup fixture.
More details of the Proteas’ win later…
Picture: Reg Caldecott