- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
SA trio in with a shout at Whistling Straits
- Updated: August 14, 2015
Golf’s last major of the year, the PGA Championships at Whistling Straits, Kohler (US) saw a trio of South Africans five shots off the pace after Friday’s first round.
After carding scores of 71 (one under par), it was Ernie Els, Branden Grace and Rory Sabbatini leading the way for South Africa.
A level-par 72 saw US Open Championship runner-up Louis Oosthuizen another shot back while 2011 Masters Champion Charl Schwartzel was a further shot back.
Eight South Africans are in action – the other three are George Coetzee (74), Tim Clark (75) and Johan Kok (77).
First round leader is Dustin Johnson with a score of 66 which included an eagle and five birdies.
He leads by one shot from Sweden’s David Lingmerth.
Pictures of Els, courtesy of golfweek.com