- Fencer Barrett almost bags SA’s first Games medal
- Team SA settle in for 2015 African Games campaign
- SA celebrates as 2022 Commonwealth Games come to Durban
- SA U21 and WP lead the way at hockey IPT
- SA archer hits the mark in race to Rio Paralympics
- WP hit 11 past hapless North West in Pretoria
- First SA sports codes arrive in Congo for African Games
- All square between SA U21 and KZN Raiders at men’s IPT
- Amawheelaboys beat Roller Blacks to take series
- Viljoen bags bronze in Beijing but Maxwell drops out of marathon
SASCOC Board meeting update
- Updated: July 10, 2015
The SASCOC leadership met in Mangaung City, Free State, at a Board meeting on Friday 10 July 2015.
- The SASCOC/SALGA Conference taking place on Friday and Saturday in Mangaung City had already registered 600 delegates. The Board was confident that the conference would play a significant role towards the growth and development of community sport and in turn the transformation agenda.
- Karate South Africa (KSA) were directed by the board to grant reinstatement to the individuals who were implicated in the forensic audit report of Karate, given the fact that the public prosecutor declined to prosecute these individuals citing insufficient evidence. The board has set-up a three person committee to call in the Karate leadership and investigate the reasons for the non-compliance. The committee is to be chaired by Kobus Marais accompanied by Jerry Segwaba and Merrill King.
- The issue of the impasse in Equestrian was discussed. The President of SAEC does not seem willing to implement the structure that includes the discipline associations to formalise the leadership of the SAEC. The board mandated Mubarak Mahomed to call a meeting of the discipline associations together with the current leadership and for him to constitute the executive committee of SAEC
- The board reiterated its stance on the Selection Policy for the Olympic and Paralympic Games. No continental qualification will be considered and in the case of SA football, to qualify through Africa but also ensure that the men and women teams are ranked number 1 in Africa
- The Board was convinced that we were on track with the CWG Bid Process. We have completed the uploading of all outstanding issues and points of clarity by the deadline of 30 June 2015. The Bid committee is now busy with the inbound visits of the CGA’s
- Inbound Visit One 15-19 July 2015
- Inbound Visit Two 22-26 July 2015
- Inbound Visit Three 5-9 August 2015
Therefore we will make the final presentation in Auckland New Zealand on 2 September 2015 where the final decision will be given.
- The Board ratified the delivery of Team South Africa to the Commonwealth Youth Games and to the Africa Games respectively. The CYG are in Apia, Samoa and the Africa Games in Brazzaville, Congo . The Chef De Mission of the CYG team is Clifford Cobers and the African Games team Ezera Tshabangu.