- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
- First IGT Tour win for Arnoldi at Centurion
- SA wheelchair tennis rocked by tragedy
- Ace SA duo in series triumph Down Under
- Montjane ends season on a double high
SA’s Simons ties for 13th at European Masters
- Updated: July 7, 2015
Ashleigh Simon’s tie for 13th in the ISPS HANDA Ladies European Masters at Buckinghamshire Golf Club near London on Sunday hit enough high notes to signal the start of a welcome return to form.
Although Simon won the Sunshine Ladies Tour Open early this season and added a tie for second and two more third place finishes, she has struggled with her short game on the LPGA Tour this season.
Simon found some form during the Walmart NW Arkansas Championship last week, and the top 13 finish in England marks a season-best performance for the South African outside the country’s borders this season
Simon was one off the pace after an opening five-under-par 67 and followed with consistent rounds of 72, 72 and 71. She joined the bus at six under 282 alongside LET winners Becky Morgan of Wales, England’s Melissa Reid, and LET Order of Merit leader, Gwladys Nocera of France, among others.
The group finished six strokes behind American Beth Allen, who carded rounds of 71, 70, 68 and 67 to lift her first LET title by one stroke from Ireland’s Leona Maguire.
Fellow Sunshine Ladies Tour winner Stacy Bregman fired a four under 68 in the final round to finish on her own in 22nd.
The €7,400 pay day lifted Bregman to 32nd on the money list and she is now just five spots behind Simon’s Wanna Be A Champion Academy stable-mate, Nicole Garcia. Laurette Maritz tied for 66th.
Picture of Simon, courtesy of Luke Walker/SunshineTour/Gall Images