- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
Women’s footballers go down at Student Games
- Updated: July 4, 2015
The South African women’s football side suffered their second defeat at the World Student Games in Gwanju, South Korea on Saturday, writes Mark Etheridge.
After having losing out by a single strike in their 1-0 loss to the United States on Thursday, the South Africans lost to Canada in the Group D match played at the Naju Public Stadium.
Jessie Canlish put the Canadians 1-0 up in the 15th minute and Audrey Lagarde added another in the second half.
Sduduzo Dlamini picked up a yellow card for the South Africans who now bring up the rear in their group.
Their final game of the pool stages for Refiloe Jane’s girls is against France on Monday.