- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
Women’s footballers go down at Student Games
- Updated: July 4, 2015
The South African women’s football side suffered their second defeat at the World Student Games in Gwanju, South Korea on Saturday, writes Mark Etheridge.
After having losing out by a single strike in their 1-0 loss to the United States on Thursday, the South Africans lost to Canada in the Group D match played at the Naju Public Stadium.
Jessie Canlish put the Canadians 1-0 up in the 15th minute and Audrey Lagarde added another in the second half.
Sduduzo Dlamini picked up a yellow card for the South Africans who now bring up the rear in their group.
Their final game of the pool stages for Refiloe Jane’s girls is against France on Monday.