- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
Second spot for Johnson and Verdi in Belgium
- Updated: June 30, 2015
Paralympian dressage rider Philippa Johnson rode her way to more honours in Europe at the weekend, writes Mark Etheridge.
On this occasion she was riding Verdi and took second spot in a Belgian event.
‘I competed Verdi in the Int 1 at the CDN Diepenbeek,’ said Johnson, who is based in Belgium. ‘It didn’t feel like a fabulous test but we didn’t have any major mistakes.
‘I think it’s one of those times when it looks better than it feels!
‘We finished second with a score of 67.70% which was only 0.19% behind the leader and there were 13 horses in the class.’
Johnson is a three-time Paralympian and won two gold medals at the 2008 Paralympics in Beiing, China.