- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
Second spot for Johnson and Verdi in Belgium
- Updated: June 30, 2015
Paralympian dressage rider Philippa Johnson rode her way to more honours in Europe at the weekend, writes Mark Etheridge.
On this occasion she was riding Verdi and took second spot in a Belgian event.
‘I competed Verdi in the Int 1 at the CDN Diepenbeek,’ said Johnson, who is based in Belgium. ‘It didn’t feel like a fabulous test but we didn’t have any major mistakes.
‘I think it’s one of those times when it looks better than it feels!
‘We finished second with a score of 67.70% which was only 0.19% behind the leader and there were 13 horses in the class.’
Johnson is a three-time Paralympian and won two gold medals at the 2008 Paralympics in Beiing, China.