- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
Second spot for Johnson and Verdi in Belgium
- Updated: June 30, 2015
Paralympian dressage rider Philippa Johnson rode her way to more honours in Europe at the weekend, writes Mark Etheridge.
On this occasion she was riding Verdi and took second spot in a Belgian event.
‘I competed Verdi in the Int 1 at the CDN Diepenbeek,’ said Johnson, who is based in Belgium. ‘It didn’t feel like a fabulous test but we didn’t have any major mistakes.
‘I think it’s one of those times when it looks better than it feels!
‘We finished second with a score of 67.70% which was only 0.19% behind the leader and there were 13 horses in the class.’
Johnson is a three-time Paralympian and won two gold medals at the 2008 Paralympics in Beiing, China.