- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
Second spot for Johnson and Verdi in Belgium
- Updated: June 30, 2015
Paralympian dressage rider Philippa Johnson rode her way to more honours in Europe at the weekend, writes Mark Etheridge.
On this occasion she was riding Verdi and took second spot in a Belgian event.
‘I competed Verdi in the Int 1 at the CDN Diepenbeek,’ said Johnson, who is based in Belgium. ‘It didn’t feel like a fabulous test but we didn’t have any major mistakes.
‘I think it’s one of those times when it looks better than it feels!
‘We finished second with a score of 67.70% which was only 0.19% behind the leader and there were 13 horses in the class.’
Johnson is a three-time Paralympian and won two gold medals at the 2008 Paralympics in Beiing, China.