- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
Second spot for Johnson and Verdi in Belgium
- Updated: June 30, 2015
Paralympian dressage rider Philippa Johnson rode her way to more honours in Europe at the weekend, writes Mark Etheridge.
On this occasion she was riding Verdi and took second spot in a Belgian event.
‘I competed Verdi in the Int 1 at the CDN Diepenbeek,’ said Johnson, who is based in Belgium. ‘It didn’t feel like a fabulous test but we didn’t have any major mistakes.
‘I think it’s one of those times when it looks better than it feels!
‘We finished second with a score of 67.70% which was only 0.19% behind the leader and there were 13 horses in the class.’
Johnson is a three-time Paralympian and won two gold medals at the 2008 Paralympics in Beiing, China.