- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
- Track stars shine as riders pay respect to the late Zaki
- Scorching weather shortens Cape Epic stage but the racing’s still hot
- Sullwald, Fischer seal national elite titles in Aldam
- Paralympian Ferreira on the mend and targeting nationals
- Hoffman stars but track champs are marred by tragedy
- Fumic, Avancini on the double at Cape Epic
- Poor health can’t stop Dalle Ave breaking new ground
- Zazini blitzes to 400m hurdles world youth best
South African rowing ace gets great global exposure
- Updated: June 24, 2015
Johannesburg rowing cox Willie Morgan recently returned from an international regatta in Italy where he helped one of Team South Africa’s para-rowing crews earned a silver medal, writes Mark Etheridge.
Next up for the St John’s College product who is currently a University of Johannesburg law student is the World Rowing Championships in Aiguebelette, France from the end of August and into September.
Twenty-two-year-old Morgan’s prowess was good enough to see him being profiled by the World Rowing website where he features in the Rising Star athlete.
To read all about one of South Africa’s new crop of talent, click here and follow his journey.