- Championship Records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
South African rowing ace gets great global exposure
- Updated: June 24, 2015
Johannesburg rowing cox Willie Morgan recently returned from an international regatta in Italy where he helped one of Team South Africa’s para-rowing crews earned a silver medal, writes Mark Etheridge.
Next up for the St John’s College product who is currently a University of Johannesburg law student is the World Rowing Championships in Aiguebelette, France from the end of August and into September.
Twenty-two-year-old Morgan’s prowess was good enough to see him being profiled by the World Rowing website where he features in the Rising Star athlete.
To read all about one of South Africa’s new crop of talent, click here and follow his journey.