- Judo brings in Team SA’s first medals of Games
- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
Victory and defeat for Protea netballers in Europe
- Updated: May 15, 2015
The Proteas netball side had a victory and a defeat on the opening day of the European Championships in Belfast, Northern Ireland on Thursday.
In their first fixture, they beat Scotland 45-36.
They then came up the world’s top-ranked side England and went down 33-69. The first quarter saw the English leading 18-9 and at halftime they’d extended that lead to 33-15.
The third quarter came and went with England still ahead 47-24. It was in the final quarter that England pulled away, adding 22 points while the Proteas could only reply with seven of their own.
Next up for coach Bennie Saayman’s team are the host national Northern Ireland at 7.30pm South African time.