- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
- Track stars shine as riders pay respect to the late Zaki
- Scorching weather shortens Cape Epic stage but the racing’s still hot
- Sullwald, Fischer seal national elite titles in Aldam
Victory and defeat for Protea netballers in Europe
- Updated: May 15, 2015
The Proteas netball side had a victory and a defeat on the opening day of the European Championships in Belfast, Northern Ireland on Thursday.
In their first fixture, they beat Scotland 45-36.
They then came up the world’s top-ranked side England and went down 33-69. The first quarter saw the English leading 18-9 and at halftime they’d extended that lead to 33-15.
The third quarter came and went with England still ahead 47-24. It was in the final quarter that England pulled away, adding 22 points while the Proteas could only reply with seven of their own.
Next up for coach Bennie Saayman’s team are the host national Northern Ireland at 7.30pm South African time.