- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
Victory and defeat for Protea netballers in Europe
- Updated: May 15, 2015
The Proteas netball side had a victory and a defeat on the opening day of the European Championships in Belfast, Northern Ireland on Thursday.
In their first fixture, they beat Scotland 45-36.
They then came up the world’s top-ranked side England and went down 33-69. The first quarter saw the English leading 18-9 and at halftime they’d extended that lead to 33-15.
The third quarter came and went with England still ahead 47-24. It was in the final quarter that England pulled away, adding 22 points while the Proteas could only reply with seven of their own.
Next up for coach Bennie Saayman’s team are the host national Northern Ireland at 7.30pm South African time.