- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
Victory and defeat for Protea netballers in Europe
- Updated: May 15, 2015
The Proteas netball side had a victory and a defeat on the opening day of the European Championships in Belfast, Northern Ireland on Thursday.
In their first fixture, they beat Scotland 45-36.
They then came up the world’s top-ranked side England and went down 33-69. The first quarter saw the English leading 18-9 and at halftime they’d extended that lead to 33-15.
The third quarter came and went with England still ahead 47-24. It was in the final quarter that England pulled away, adding 22 points while the Proteas could only reply with seven of their own.
Next up for coach Bennie Saayman’s team are the host national Northern Ireland at 7.30pm South African time.