- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
Aerobic trio get top 10 finish at World Cup event
- Updated: May 5, 2015
South Africa’s gymnasts have once again held their head high with a top 10 finish at the 2015 Aerobic World Cup in Borovets, Bulgaria this week.
The trio of Wilson Mafona, Dominique Mann and Terence Ledwaba sealed seventh post in the senior trio category, excellent going for a combination that has only started training together in the last three years.
Having qualified in eighth spot with a score of 17.500, the trio improved both position and score in the finals, to reach seventh place with a score of 17.655.
The event also saw Mafona and Ledwaba also compete in the Individual Male Category.
They posted places of 18th (18.150) and 19th (16.800) respectively against very strong international competition. It was not Mafona’s best performance in the Individual Category, with his best result a placing of 16th and score of 20.125 having being attained at the 2014 Aerobic Gymnastics World Championships in July.
This result saw him place as top Africa finisher on the continent. The Aerobic World Championships takes place every second year.
Moving forward and Mafona in the Individual Male category, together with this senior trio, all aim to be medal contenders for Team South Africa at the African Games in Brazzaville, Congo, set to take place in September.
Picture courtesy of FIG