- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
Hayes races to another record in Brazil
- Updated: April 25, 2015
Stellenbosch starlette Ilse Hayes continues her stellar form at the III Caixa Loterias Athletics and Swimming Open Championships in Sao Paulo, Brazil on Friday.
Thursday saw her setting a 100m world record in the T13 category as she blitzed to an 11.89sec victory.
And while Friday wasn’t quite as productive there was still a continental record and personal best in the 200m.
She flew to a 24.70sec best, thus getting over the frustration of not having dipped under that mark at the Nedbank National Championships for the Disabled in Johannesburg earlier this month.
There was more excellent rewards from coach Suzanne Ferreira’s Stellenbosch training group as three-time Paralympian Fanie van der Merwe clocked 23.60 in the T37 200m, and Anruné Liebenberg ran a season-best 26.19 in the T46, also in the 200m.
Paralympic sprint and long jump medallist Dyan Buis clocked 23.20 in the 200 while Charl du Toit clocked 2min 14 in the 800m.
All of the above provided gold medals for the South African athletes.