- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
Work to do for Paralympian Johnson and Verdi
- Updated: April 14, 2015
Paralympian equestrian gold medallist Philippa Johnson has had a frustrating return to the 2015 competition arena, writes Mark Etheridge.
Europe based Johnson took part in a Belgian competition, riding Verdi.
‘It was Verdi’s turn to blow off the winter competition cobwebs and get back into the ring. We competed at the CDN Sint Truiden in the Int 1,’ she told Road to Rio 2016.
‘He actually did a lovely test but with too many mistakes, our most costly mistakes being in our changes which are usually our strong point.
‘We started our three tempi’s with a two and our two tempi’s with a one!
‘Unfortunately it is the price we pay for starting our training on the one tempis and we finished 10th out of 15 horses with a disappointing 64.25%.’