- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
Work to do for Paralympian Johnson and Verdi
- Updated: April 14, 2015
Paralympian equestrian gold medallist Philippa Johnson has had a frustrating return to the 2015 competition arena, writes Mark Etheridge.
Europe based Johnson took part in a Belgian competition, riding Verdi.
‘It was Verdi’s turn to blow off the winter competition cobwebs and get back into the ring. We competed at the CDN Sint Truiden in the Int 1,’ she told Road to Rio 2016.
‘He actually did a lovely test but with too many mistakes, our most costly mistakes being in our changes which are usually our strong point.
‘We started our three tempi’s with a two and our two tempi’s with a one!
‘Unfortunately it is the price we pay for starting our training on the one tempis and we finished 10th out of 15 horses with a disappointing 64.25%.’