- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
Work to do for Paralympian Johnson and Verdi
- Updated: April 14, 2015
Paralympian equestrian gold medallist Philippa Johnson has had a frustrating return to the 2015 competition arena, writes Mark Etheridge.
Europe based Johnson took part in a Belgian competition, riding Verdi.
‘It was Verdi’s turn to blow off the winter competition cobwebs and get back into the ring. We competed at the CDN Sint Truiden in the Int 1,’ she told Road to Rio 2016.
‘He actually did a lovely test but with too many mistakes, our most costly mistakes being in our changes which are usually our strong point.
‘We started our three tempi’s with a two and our two tempi’s with a one!
‘Unfortunately it is the price we pay for starting our training on the one tempis and we finished 10th out of 15 horses with a disappointing 64.25%.’