- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
Work to do for Paralympian Johnson and Verdi
- Updated: April 14, 2015
Paralympian equestrian gold medallist Philippa Johnson has had a frustrating return to the 2015 competition arena, writes Mark Etheridge.
Europe based Johnson took part in a Belgian competition, riding Verdi.
‘It was Verdi’s turn to blow off the winter competition cobwebs and get back into the ring. We competed at the CDN Sint Truiden in the Int 1,’ she told Road to Rio 2016.
‘He actually did a lovely test but with too many mistakes, our most costly mistakes being in our changes which are usually our strong point.
‘We started our three tempi’s with a two and our two tempi’s with a one!
‘Unfortunately it is the price we pay for starting our training on the one tempis and we finished 10th out of 15 horses with a disappointing 64.25%.’