- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
Work to do for Paralympian Johnson and Verdi
- Updated: April 14, 2015
Paralympian equestrian gold medallist Philippa Johnson has had a frustrating return to the 2015 competition arena, writes Mark Etheridge.
Europe based Johnson took part in a Belgian competition, riding Verdi.
‘It was Verdi’s turn to blow off the winter competition cobwebs and get back into the ring. We competed at the CDN Sint Truiden in the Int 1,’ she told Road to Rio 2016.
‘He actually did a lovely test but with too many mistakes, our most costly mistakes being in our changes which are usually our strong point.
‘We started our three tempi’s with a two and our two tempi’s with a one!
‘Unfortunately it is the price we pay for starting our training on the one tempis and we finished 10th out of 15 horses with a disappointing 64.25%.’