- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
Da Gama’s side confident of overturning 2-0 deficit against Sudan
- Updated: April 9, 2015
The national under-23 men’s football team are well into their preparations for Saturday’s All Africa Games return leg qualifier against Sudan at the Dobsonville Stadium, Soweto.
Kick-off is scheduled for 4pm and although the hosts go into the return leg with a 2-0 deficit, coach Owen Da Gama (pictured) remains confident that the boys will do well.
‘Football is a strange game, yes the Sudanese are 2-0 up, but this not a great lead.
‘If we can manage to play to our strengths come Saturday and ensure that we can get an early goal, then we will put the Sudanese under tremendous pressure.
‘We are playing a friendly match to test our combinations as once again we have changes to our team. After this we will have a clear reflection of our starting eighteen for the home leg,’ said Da Gama.
The national U23 squad is as follow:
Goalkeepers: Ricardo Ross, Lebo Ngubeni, Thakasani Mbanjwa
Central defenders: Sifiso Victor Nkosi, Kwanda Mngonyama, Zitha Macheke
Backs: Modjeka Modisha, Junior Siiyabonga Sibande, Mbongeni Gumede, Maselaelo Seanego
Central midfielders: Sphelele Luthuli, Ayabulela Magqaka
Wings: Andisiwe Isaac Mtsila, Thapelo Morena, Deolin Mekoa, Khayelihle Shozi, Abednigo Keoikantse Mosiatlhago
Strikers: Sibusiso Mahlangu, Suhayl Allie, Tyrone Sandows, Bafana Dlamini, Menzi Alson Masuku, Malesela Elias Monene