- Judo brings in Team SA’s first medals of Games
- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
Coppinger maintains top 20 spot, Waters moves up
- Updated: April 9, 2015
South Africa’s top-ranked men’s and women’s players are maintaining or moving up the international rankings, writes Mark Etheridge.
The Professional Squash Players Association (PSA) have released their latest weekly world rankings.
They show Steve Coppinger, a former member of Team South Africa at the World Games in Taiwan six years ago, as having retained his 15th sport for the second successive month.
And national women’s champion Siyoli Waters has moved up one spot to a personal high of 34th.
Also moving up is Western Province’s Shaun le Roux who improves two places to 37th.
Second best women’s player is Cheyna Tucker at 63, while Milnay Louw has leapt 12 spots up to 86th.