- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
Du Preez gets nod to join Blitzboks in Japan
- Updated: March 31, 2015
The Springbok Sevens have called up the uncapped Carel du Preez to replace injured forward Philip Snyman for the Tokyo Sevens tournament which take place in Japan this weekend.
The versatile Snyman sustained a knee ligament injury while playing for the Springbok Sevens on Saturday in Hong Kong.
Du Preez is currently contracted to the SA Sevens Academy and he has already played a couple of times for the Academy at tournaments in George, Dubai and Harare.
The tall loose forward represented DHL Western Province in the Under-21 Absa Currie Cup competition last year and he has impressed the SA Sevens coaching staff since his fulltime switch to the shorter code at the end of last year.
The Japanese tournament is round seven of the World Rugby Sevens Series, which consists of nine rounds overall. South Africa managed to stay in the lead for the coveted Series title after collecting 17 points for their third-place effort in Hong Kong.
They are just two points in front of Hong Kong winners, Fiji, and three ahead of New Zealand.