- Eight named to do Test duty against India
- Banetse has his eye on Umpetha Challenge podium
- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
Bianca masters the bars for sixth spot in Doha
- Updated: March 27, 2015
Team South Africa’s Commonwealth Games gymnast Bianca Mann finished a fine sixth spot on the uneven bars in the FIG Artistic World Challenge Cup in Doha this week.
Having qualified for the finals in eighth position with a score of 12.200, Bianca upped her game to improve two places in the final as she achieved a score of 12.625.
This score bodes well for Mann who is aiming to qualify for another spot on Team South Africa, this time at both the All-Africa Games and the World Student Games later this year.
The event also saw Mann’s Gauteng team-mate Angela Maguire competing. Her best result was a 13th place in the beam qualifications round.
Mann’s other results from the prelims were 12th in the vault, 13th on the beam and 24th on the floor.
Apart from the beam, Maguire’s other prelims were 16th in the vault, 19th on the bar and 23rd on the floor.
Both the girls now stay on in Doha for a training camp and then they’ll jet off to Europe for the next FIG World Challenge Cup in Slovenia.
Picture of Mann, courtesy of SASPA