- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
- First IGT Tour win for Arnoldi at Centurion
- SA wheelchair tennis rocked by tragedy
- Ace SA duo in series triumph Down Under
- Montjane ends season on a double high
SASCOC praise Proteas’ fighting spirit
- Updated: March 25, 2015
The South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee (SASCOC) acknowledges the great performance displayed by the Proteas and congratulates them on a job well done despite their loss to New Zealand in the semi-final match at the 2015 Cricket World Cup in Auckland on 24 March.
Says SASCOC CEO, Tubby Reddy, “To the Proteas captain AB de Villiers, we congratulate you and your team on the excellent performance that you displayed in the semi finals.”
“Even though New Zealand won the match, we as the macro sports body support and rally behind our Proteas team who were courageous and showed great prowess by playing to the best of their abilities. Sport is not all about winning but rather, it is about the effort demonstrated in every match as this is an important aspect that improves your game,” added SASCOC President, Gideon Sam.
SASCOC is proud of the fire that the Proteas brought to the 2015 Cricket World Cup. Well done to the team.