- Luvo leaps to another SA record at championships
- Defending champ Telfer well aware of junior threat
- McGuigan also equals course record at Zim Open
- Fisher fires course record 63 to lead by four in Harare
- Cele looking to do a job for Amajita at World Cup
- Simbine sets the pace with sub-10sec 100m victory
- Indigenous Games to be showcased at Arnold Classic Africa
- Olympian BMX ace Dodd in fine form at NAG series
- Banyana’s Mgcoyi picking up valuable skills in Germany
- Quick-starting Hugo holds one-shot lead in Harare
SASCOC praise Proteas’ fighting spirit
- Updated: March 25, 2015
The South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee (SASCOC) acknowledges the great performance displayed by the Proteas and congratulates them on a job well done despite their loss to New Zealand in the semi-final match at the 2015 Cricket World Cup in Auckland on 24 March.
Says SASCOC CEO, Tubby Reddy, “To the Proteas captain AB de Villiers, we congratulate you and your team on the excellent performance that you displayed in the semi finals.”
“Even though New Zealand won the match, we as the macro sports body support and rally behind our Proteas team who were courageous and showed great prowess by playing to the best of their abilities. Sport is not all about winning but rather, it is about the effort demonstrated in every match as this is an important aspect that improves your game,” added SASCOC President, Gideon Sam.
SASCOC is proud of the fire that the Proteas brought to the 2015 Cricket World Cup. Well done to the team.