- Championship Records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
SASCOC praise Proteas’ fighting spirit
- Updated: March 25, 2015
The South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee (SASCOC) acknowledges the great performance displayed by the Proteas and congratulates them on a job well done despite their loss to New Zealand in the semi-final match at the 2015 Cricket World Cup in Auckland on 24 March.
Says SASCOC CEO, Tubby Reddy, “To the Proteas captain AB de Villiers, we congratulate you and your team on the excellent performance that you displayed in the semi finals.”
“Even though New Zealand won the match, we as the macro sports body support and rally behind our Proteas team who were courageous and showed great prowess by playing to the best of their abilities. Sport is not all about winning but rather, it is about the effort demonstrated in every match as this is an important aspect that improves your game,” added SASCOC President, Gideon Sam.
SASCOC is proud of the fire that the Proteas brought to the 2015 Cricket World Cup. Well done to the team.